TDE president calls out Akademiks for talking shyt about SZA before interviewing her

Fani Willis fan

Veteran
Daps
cKae8aJ.png

Ak says he thought she was a tall amazon bytch (hes intimidated by that)

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
TDE has to get thicker skin :manny:
Is Ak a goofy? Yes. But TDE can't expect their artists to only get praise
While you're right Ak does have this weird obsession with hypermasculinity. Like look at the way he said "I ain't listening to no Solange nikka" like what's that supposed to mean? You can't appreciate good music from women? He had a similar disregard with SZA. The wieirdest part is he's a college educated and turning the corner into his late 20's. That's when you're supposed to have a little more maturity and sophistication in your taste. Instead he's more concerned with 17 year old Lil Pumo crashing a car and whatever new chain Offset just copped. I try to be objective with Ak cause he gets a lot of unwarranted flack on here but in this case he's off.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
While you're right Ak does have this weird obsession with hypermasculinity. Like look at the way he said "I ain't listening to no Solange nikka" like what's that supposed to mean? You can't appreciate good music from women? He had a similar disregard with SZA. The wieirdest part is he's a college educated and turning the corner into his late 20's. That's when you're supposed to have a little more maturity and sophistication in your taste. Instead he's more concerned with 17 year old Lil Pumo crashing a car and whatever new chain Offset just copped. I try to be objective with Ak cause he gets a lot of unwarranted flack on here but in this case he's off.

To be fair, I don't think that's his genre and I thought the show only catered to rap/hip hop.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
To be fair, I don't think that's his genre and I thought the show only catered to rap/hip hop.
And you know, I get that and that's one reason why I don't want to rib him too hard for it. He has his lane that he sticks to it. But at some point there's going to have to be a bit of maturity to what he's doing. Think about it when he turns 30 is he still going to only be talking about whatever new 16 or 19 year old rapper is mumbling about? It's actually an issue him and Budden both have. Budden only fukks with R&B now and older rap shyt (pre-2010) which is why I'm glad Budden was there to carry this interview, but I would have much preferred if this interview were on his podcast than on Everyday Struggle.

However at 26+ years old you should be a little past the "I'm not listening to fukking female R&b" I only like shyt about guns, ass, and drugs phase.

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It shows when he says he doesn't want to hear mature themes in music. His growth is stunted.