Tesla Model Y is now the world’s best-selling car, first EV to do so

Hitchens

Pro
Daps

"The Tesla Model Y was the world's best-selling car in Q1 2023, marking the first time ever that an EV has achieved this feat, according to industry analyst JATO Dynamics.

Model Y sales have been growing around the world for the last few years, putting the car on the trajectory to become the world's best-selling vehicle. The feat was first predicted even before the car came to market, as Tesla thought the car could see up to a million units of demand per year.

It was an ambitious goal at the time, with many considering it another example of an "optimistic" Tesla prediction, but last year Tesla said the Model Y was on track to become the world's best-selling car in 2023."

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Fixed pricing wins…. Even Ford is considering fixed pricing. Teslas are pricey, but the one good thing about them is there is no negotiating, you either want it or not. Like a Mac laptop. You either want it or not.

There is a 4 month wait for Prius and they require $4000 down to reserve a spot to wait. A Prius.

As companies continue to mark their cars up, more teslas will appear on the road.

Eventually there will be a Tesla only lane on the highways because the caravan sensors allow teslas that are back to back on the high way to move at high speeds together and still be safer than a typical fast lane…

Don’t get me started on when Full self driving comes out and people can rent their teslas out as self driving Ubers.

Last edited:

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In conclusion, since covid started dealerships been adding adjusted market value to every car. They been refusing to give people deals off sticker price like they use too, getting a used car not even cheap no more. They been shorting people on trade value while turning around selling them for double. Tesla direct to consumer approach with no hidden fees is the reason they are the best selling car of the quarter. People are tired of shady business practices from dealerships.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Fixed pricing wins…. Even Ford is considering fixed pricing. Teslas are pricey, but the one good thing about them is there is no negotiating, you either want it or not. Like a Mac laptop. You either want it or not.

There is a 4 month wait for Prius and they require $4000 down to reserve a spot to wait. A Prius.

As companies continue to mark their cars up, more teslas will appear on the road.

Eventually there will be a Tesla only lane on the highways because the caravan sensors allow teslas that are back to back on the high way to move at high speeds together and still be safer than a typical fast lane…

Don’t get me started on when Full self driving comes out and people can rent their teslas out as self driving Ubers.
:mjlol:

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
In conclusion, since covid started dealerships been adding adjusted market value to every car. They been refusing to give people deals off sticker price like they use too, getting a used car not even cheap no more. They been shorting people on trade value while turning around selling them for double. Tesla direct to consumer approach with no hidden fees is the reason they are the best selling car of the quarter. People are tired of shady business practices from dealerships.

Has to be this reason, because the interior and build quality of Tesla's leave a lot to be desired. Panel gaps, bad handling, etc. Car and Driver only has this year's Model Y ranked as #12 within the category overall. Tesla is looked at as a luxury vehicle when it isn't. Would much rather grab an EV from Rivian, BMW, or Cadillac even.

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
Can someone explain how that tax rebate work. I heard it’s like $7500 for this car.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Has to be this reason, because the interior and build quality of Tesla's leave a lot to be desired. Panel gaps, bad handling, etc. Car and Driver only has this year's Model Y ranked as #12 within the category overall. Tesla is looked at as a luxury vehicle when it isn't. Would much rather grab an EV from Rivian, BMW, or Cadillac even.
Bad handling? What does that mean. I’m curious. Because I drive BMW/Mini Coopers/Porsches. I’ve driven The new Model S plaid about 40 times. Handles fine for me.