Texas cop shoots and kills 93 year old black woman. (Update-The pig got fired!!!!!!)

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
#inherently :to: :to: :to:

HEARNE, Texas -- A 93-year-old woman was shot and killed by a police officer at her home northwest of College Station late Tuesday, authorities said.

KBTX reports that Pearlie Golden, known in the neighborhood as Ms. Sully, was pronounced dead at St. Joseph Hospital. The elderly woman was rushed there after being shot by a male officer at her house on Karney Street in the town of Hearne.

Multiple witnesses told KBTX she was shot at least five times.

According to a statement released Wednesday by the Robertson County Sheriff’s Office, police responded to a 911 call about a lady waving a gun around outside a home on Pin Oaks Street. When Officer Stephen Stem arrived, he asked Pearlie Golden to “put down the weapon and then ultimately fired his own sidearm, wounding Miss Golden.”

Golden was pronounced dead at St Joseph's Hospital in Bryan before 10 p.m.

Stem has been placed on paid administrative leave.

The Texas Rangers, Hearne Police and the Robertson County District Attorney's Office are investigating the case, which will eventually be presented to a grand jury.

“While it is too early in the investigation to comment on any of the facts or evidence stated above, I can say that this was a very tragic occurrence,” said District Attorney Coty Siegert. “My prayers go out to the family members of Miss Golden and to the Hearne Community as a whole.”

In the meantime, neighbors are questioning why police would shoot Golden, who they described as a sweet woman.

“Even if she did have a gun, she is in her 90’s,” said Lawanda Cooke. “They could have shot in the air to scare her. Maybe she would have dropped it. I don’t see her shooting anyone.

2B59FB00CF2F4B22B9F1BC87E044F4AA

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Yeah...either shoot or be shot. :manny:

yup...we need more details on this...if he could have found another way to keep everyone safe without shooting her and defuse the situation at the same time, then I think he should be brought up on charges.

If she was actually pointing it at someone while he was there....then he really made the only call that he could.