Texas mosque goes up in flames hours after Trump signs Muslim ban

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB

So much animosity in that YouTube comments section :picard:

Edit: And I am flagging all the comments I deem inappropiate as "hate speech/violence" and "harassment/bullying". Feel free to do the same.

These opioid addicted, meth snorting, illegal script popping, 2 buck Chuck wino binging, trolls who remove their boots at the door yet kiss their dogs in the mouth, need to be brought down a peg or two. How are you going to promote arson of a mosque?

A Texas mosque was set on fire just hours after Trump signed an executive order restricting migration from Muslim-majority countries.

The Islamic Center of Victoria was set on fire around 2 a.m. on Saturday, according to local reports.

Victoria Fire Marshal Tom Legler told the Victoria Advocate he had no theories about the cause of the fire, but he is seeking assistance from state and federal fire investigators.

“It’s a house of worship,” Shahid Hashmi, the president of the center, told the Victoria Advocate, as he watched the center burning. Hashmi also said he will not speculate about the cause of the fire, but mentioned the center was burglarized last week.

Hashmi said the center is home to over 100 congregation members. No one was injured in the fire.

On Sunday, the center plans to hold a public prayer service in the lawn to “pray for peace & safety for all.” The center said it will be rebuilt with love, and it has already started a GoFundMe fundraiser for financial support to do so.

Just hours before the fire, on Friday afternoon, Trump signed the “Protection Of The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States” order. Under the order, nationals of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen are prohibited from entering the United States for at least the next 90 days. All refugee admission has been suspended for at least 120 days, and the admission of Syrian refugees has permanently suspended until further notice.

The order contains an exception for religious minorities who face “religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual’s country of nationality.” In other words, there is a caveat for non-Muslims in Muslim-majority countries, making this a very specific Muslim ban.

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Hate crimes, racism and xenophobia are liberal myths perpetuated by the media, anytime a muslim is killed or his/her property is damaged the logical conclusion is to come up with conspiracy theories.
nah im just a cynical person in general when it comes to everything... my mind is 50/50 that its a racist or insurance scam :yeshrug:

i wouldnt be surprised by either...

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Comment section is a true hellhole
The alt-right's infestation of the internet is in full effect and the overton window of socially acceptable comments has shifted so radically that comments advocating for the destruction of mosques are now popular

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Looked at that comment section like
1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comment section is a true hellhole
The alt-right's infestation of the internet is in full effect and the overton window of socially acceptable comments has shifted so radically that comments advocating for the destruction of mosques are now popular
You know what you're dealing with now. Without exaggerating i was up on this when i was 6 years old. Zero surprise.