Texas Prisons Ban 10,000 Books...

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
07xp-prisonbooks2-master768.jpg

The nearly 150,000 inmates in Texas prisons are barred from using Facebook, possessing cellphones and receiving snacks in the mail. They are also prohibited from reading the pop-up edition of “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” “The Color Purple” and the 1908 Sears, Roebuck catalog.

The publications are among the 10,000 titles banned by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, a list that includes best sellers like “Memoirs of a Geisha” and “A Time to Kill” and even obscure works, such as the “MapQuest Road Atlas.” Not banned: “Mein Kampf” by Adolf Hitler and books by white nationalists, including David Duke, the former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard.

07xp-prisionbooks2-master675-v3.jpg

For inmates, reading is not only a form of escapism during their sentences but also an opportunity to improve their chances of assimilating back into society after their release, reports about literacy in prison have found. In general, inmates suffer from illiteracy or struggle to read at rates far greater than the rest of the population, according to a 1994 study of inmates in federal and state prisons.

Also banned is the 2005 best seller “Freakonomics,” which challenges conventional wisdom and argues eyebrow-raising theories, including the theory that the drop in violent crime in the 1990s can be attributed to the legalization of abortion in 1973.

The sections of “Freakonomics” that discuss race, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice said, led it to be banned.

Texas Prisons Ban 10,000 Books. No ‘Charlie Brown Christmas’ for Inmates.

Here is the list of the books they have banned in full. Why do Texas prisons ban 'Freakonomics' but not Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf'? | Crime | Dallas News

Just awful they want to keep the people in prison dumb they don't want them to better themselves or question their reality. They want these people locked in chains in both physically and mentally.

More stories to come. Slavery was never abolished.

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
Be a troll brehs.

Make fun of innocent people in prison that are unable to better themselves brehs.

Don't give a fukk about our people still being enslaved brehs.

Think everything is a joke because you are a joke and have nothing to offer brehs.

Think prisoners are innocent brehs

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps

Be a complete moron. I gotta ignore you you just a troll hoe.

Just admit you like seeing Black people locked up and thinks its funny or some shyt cause you either a cac or a fukking low life self hating immature troll who knows nothing about anything and just wants to make everything a damn joke. fukk is wrong with you?

Grow up bytch.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They keep you dumb to keep you coming back so they keep a job...

That being said, not too many people in the joint reading books like that when you have TVs, radios, Letters to right, etc... to kill time but there are those that cant afford all of that shyt that do read religiously. Now if youre in seg or on disciplinary C-Grade ( No tv privilidges ) youre fukked this basically sayin you can only read Cat in the hat :francis:

And why the fukk is Charlie brown Christmas on the list :wtf:

A lot of nikkas get hemmed up on bullshyt all the time because they cant afford to fight it, you sound like a cac :scusthov:

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
They keep you dumb to keep you coming back so they keep a job...

That being said, not too many people in the joint reading books like that when you have TVs, radios, Letters to right, etc... to kill time but there are those that cant afford all of that shyt that do read religiously. Now if youre in seg or on disciplinary C-Grade ( No tv privilidges ) youre fukked this basically sayin you can only read Cat in the hat :francis:

And why the fukk is Charlie brown Christmas on the list :wtf:

A lot of nikkas get hemmed up on bullshyt all the time because they cant afford to fight it, you sound like a cac :scusthov:

They just want to fukk up all hope I guess.

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
Be a complete moron. I gotta ignore you you just a troll hoe.

Just admit you like seeing Black people locked up and thinks its funny or some shyt cause you either a cac or a fukking low life self hating immature troll who knows nothing about anything and just wants to make everything a damn joke. fukk is wrong with you?

Grow up bytch.
Stay out my inbox weird ass nikka

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps

Breh do you know how many innocent brehs are in jail. Do you know how many brehs are in jail for weed possession and other non-violent crimes. You can't be that ignorant.
:what:
I know all that. I'm trolling OP cuz he was crying when I posted in another thread