Thank God for black people doing bad business....blessed.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
On the coli We love to complain about black folks doing bad business in food service industry, in contracting, in repair, in office settings, in retail settings, etc. Usually due to bad customer service or unprofessionalism relative to our nonblack peers.

But one such brotha saved my skin today. God bless that man.:wow:

So I'm renting a car at one of those national chain rental companies. I'm pleasantly surprised to see most of the staff was black. (This was in a white area). Dude behind the counter immediately daps me up when I enter, and I give him my info. I also made sure to tell him I would not need that lame insuranc that rental companies got cause odds are low I'll crash and my own car insurance would probably step in. He continues to charge with me, and his fellow coworkers breifly talking about sports and even weekend plans.

Literally the next day after renting out the car, I end up totaling it.:mjcry:

So I return to the same rental shop. I verify my info, and turns out that the brotha got almost everything from my name to my phone number wrong. Even had typos in my email address on file. I'm almost angry at this point cause how hard could data entry be?:what:

But then the dude behind the counter announces that Im very fortunate that I purchased the rental agency rental insurance, so I won't have to take any liability for the damage. I swear to God I told the brotha from earlier I will NOT need that rental coverage. :ohhh:

My insurance rates are saved :blessed::blessed::blessed:

One of the few time bad customer service by black people isn't a bad thing.:skip:

Last edited:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

So you gonna skip over the reason why you totalled the rental 🚗? 🤣

How did you do that?? 😂🤣

You also proved why buying their protection plan is beneficial, especially if you will only have the 🚗 for a few days or less...

I wouldn't say that you received bad customer service. Breh treated you well, but he should be charged with a dash of incompetence...

Breh did you a favor in the long run..

Also, bad customer service is inexcusable! I don't care who it comes from!

Daps
On the coli We love to complain about black folks doing bad business in food service industry, in contracting, in repair, in office settings, in retail settings, etc. Usually due to bad customer service or unprofessionalism relative to our nonblack peers.

But one such brotha saved my skin today. God bless that man.:wow:

So I'm renting a car at one of those national chain rental companies. I'm pleasantly surprised to see most of the staff was black. (This was in a white area). Dude behind the counter immediately daps me up when I enter, and I give him my info. I also made sure to tell him I would not need that lame insuranc that rental companies got cause odds are low I'll crash and my own car insurance would probably step in. He continues to charge with me, and his fellow coworkers breifly talking about sports and even weekend plans.

Literally the next day after renting out the car, I end up totaling it.:mjcry:

So I return to the same rental shop. I verify my info, and turns out that the brotha got almost everything from my name to my phone number wrong. Even had typos in my email address on file. I'm almost angry at this point cause how hard could data entry be?:what:

But then the dude behind the counter announces that Im very fortunate that I purchased the rental agency rental insurance, so I won't have to take any liability for the damage. I swear to God I told the brotha from earlier I will NOT need that rental coverage. :ohhh:

My insurance rates are saved :blessed::blessed::blessed:

One of the few time bad customer service by black people isn't a bad thing.:skip:

A lot of black folk have this weird thing where they have no real concept of long term gain so we do things sloppy. Which is why a lot of us don't pass on wealth/houses to kids or save for their education. Culture needs a revolution