That pop when Cena got eliminated :banderas:

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
This era was near my end of days watching WWE full time. I suffered through the dreadful dark ages of 06 and 07. Felt like the tide was turning from 08 all the way up until wrestlemania in 2009. Things were getting good. I don’t remember why but after wrestlemania in 09 I was like this shyts awful and stopped watching lmao

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Ah, the days when I would get so annoyed over edge having the title for only a damn month. :francis:

Title reigns being inflated because of him being a transitional champion

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
He only had classics before he put went solo :russ:
13b16b8709bc5cfed8858a68c9a0b9eb.gif

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Was in for like 2 mins.

Adam Goatland with classic :mjgrin: facial expression. :wow:

This match is overlooked.

Cena becoming like the Attitude Era for folks, yeah the Current Roster has great people but like what was said with Taker's Joe Rogan interview as well, as he admitted, WWE had started to really put a stop to natural/organic development.

Hindsight Cena's White Rapper persona, despite its Cheese, did have personality to it as Cena did do rap/spoken word stuff. When he went HYR Phase, that was more True Cena, he didn't have to fake anything. People were saying Cena was stealing the spotlight, but even then he drew the reactions.

So in this case, while Vince is still alive, Cena was one of the last guys to really get past the wall before it went up. Even after it did Cena could do whatever he wanted to, because he was established and the franchise.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Cena becoming like the Attitude Era for folks, yeah the Current Roster has great people but like what was said with Taker's Joe Rogan interview as well, as he admitted, WWE had started to really put a stop to natural/organic development.

Hindsight Cena's White Rapper persona, despite its Cheese, did have personality to it as Cena did do rap/spoken word stuff. When he went HYR Phase, that was more True Cena, he didn't have to fake anything. People were saying Cena was stealing the spotlight, but even then he drew the reactions.

So in this case, while Vince is still alive, Cena was one of the last guys to really get past the wall before it went up. Even after it did Cena could do whatever he wanted to, because he was established and the franchise.
The wall was put up to keep cena in front. That's why the pop was so big. Cena getting eliminated in a couple minutes was unheard of. People had been tied of him.