That time President Clinton delayed a Supreme Court nomination for an Arkansas game

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I never heard about this shyt. :dead:

In an interview with the Miller Center, Bernard Nussbaum, who served as Clinton’s White House Counsel, recounted the night the president was supposed to ask D.C. Circuit Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court:

He said, ‘Yes, yes, okay, we’ll appoint her.’ I said ‘Good. Why don’t you give her a call?’ He said, ‘I can’t do that.’ This was in the afternoon, I think, if I have it right. ‘I’ve got some friends coming over, I’ve got to watch the Arkansas game on television.’ I said, ‘What time does the Arkansas game start?’ He said, ‘No, I’ve got these friends. I’ll do it later.’ I said, ‘You should really call her up.’ He said, ‘I’ll call her, I’ll call her, but I can’t do it now. I’ll do it later.’ I say, ‘What time is the game over?’ I’m in my office on a Sunday, he’s in the residence with his friends and everything. He said, ‘We’re going to have dinner, the game will be over around 11 o’clock at night or midnight.’ I said, ‘Oh God.’

After the game ended—sometime between 11 and midnight—Clinton appointed Ginsburg, who would later be confirmed as the Supreme Court’s second female justice.

Doing more research though, this seems like it would have to be on June 13, 1993. What the hell kind of Arkansas game would have been played in June?

Possible:duck:?

The article is about how Trump still watches five hours of TV a day even though he president. :mindblown:

Trump's TV Obsession Is a First

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

Must have been code for a jumpoff coming thru.

Besides, that Ginsburg vote was a no-brainer: The U.S. Senate confirmed her by a 96 to 3 vote.