That time Tommy Dreamer was gonna do a murder-suicide in live PPV

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
This is one of the most insane and heartbreaking stories we’ve shared in a long time, so we recommend you read it with caution.

Depression and mental illness can take your brain and heart to some truly terrifying places. Wrestling legend Tommy Dreameropened up on the House of Hardcore podcast about where it took him: to almost committing a real murder-suicide shooting in the middle of WrestleMania X-7 in Houston, Texas.

As the story goes, Dreamer was told he was supposed to debut with WWE during the tables, ladders, and chairs match at the show, but plans changed. That, plus the recent closing of ECW, plus living with his parents, plus having turned down big money offers to stay with a failing company where the booker was secretly collecting checks from one of the same companies he’d told Tommy to turn down, pushed him too far. His solution to his problems: utilizing Texas’ lax gun laws to jump the rail at WrestleMania, murder Paul Heyman, and then kill himself.

Tommy’s words:

“I remember I did a show there, and I saw a sign that said, ‘Guns Welcome,’ and I was in Houston. I did an indie show, and I said, ‘What is this?’ I’m from New York, what do you mean, ‘guns welcome?’ and they said, ‘Oh you are allowed to bring a firearm into the venue.’ I was across the street from the Astrodome. When I tell you it resonated in my head so, so much.

“That I’ll tell you what I wanted to do. It’s sick that I think this. At Wrestlemania, I was gonna hop the rail and I was gonna whack Paul E. in the back of the head right at the announce table, then I was gonna whack myself. The ultimate martyr, I was gonna hit my pose crack, boom, pull the trigger. Because I was that insane. Don’t know if I would have went through with it, but that’s what I was thinking about everyday. I was like, ‘I will go down in history.’ Pop, boom. First they’d think it as an angle until I shot him. I was so severely depressed and so mental with rage, I needed help.”

Tommy Dreamer Considered Committing A Murder-Suicide At WrestleMania

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
the fact he wanted to do his pose first lol

tenor.gif

White City Black

Weed, Rocks, Blow
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
the fact he wanted to do his pose first lol

I know there would’ve been chaos but maybe someone would’ve tackled his stupid ass from behind while doing said pose?

Can’t blame his feelings tho. Heyman could’ve at least told dude, “You know what man? Gonup to Stamford and get your money :manny:“ instead of convincing him to stay and end up getting into a funked up position in all aspects of his life.