The Aftermath of Destabilizing Libya

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
She gets partial blame but I'm not letting the dirtbags in Libya doing the trafficking and The corrupt a$$hole leaders who fail to adequately develop their nations so people won't take dangerous chances trying to migrate to Europe.

This shyt makes me sick to my stomach.

Passing the blame?
:troll:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Google the author, breh.

Oh. :ohhh:

Oh. :huhldup:

Oh. :scust:

First result:

Why the president needs to be white, male and Republican: Glenn Reynolds

Tweet from his (suspended) Twitter account during Charlotte:

reynolds.jpeg

My bad. I'll hold this L. :mjcryhubie:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Removing Kaddafi was geopolitical failure almost as bad as getting rid of Saddam. Libya is worse off today than during through Kaddafi years. Removing a government is easy but actual governing is difficult.
Pretty much this.

Clinton and Obama get to take blame for this regardless of your position on Kaddafi.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Pretty much this.

Clinton and Obama get to take blame for this regardless of your position on Kaddafi.
This is why Obama didn't move for regime change in Syria. His entire cabinet was telling him to make a move against Assad in Syria and Obama hit them with the :umad:. He saw what Libya was and didn't want his legacy be tarnished with two failed states in MENA. I blame Sarkozy more because he really forced for an intervention in Libya.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Removing Kaddafi was geopolitical failure almost as bad as getting rid of Saddam. Libya is worse off today than during through Kaddafi years. Removing a government is easy but actual governing is difficult.

Libya is unquestionably a disaster and failed state, and while the West deserves some of the blame, so does Gaddafi himself. The guy ruled the country for 40 plus years and didnt leave a single institution that could survive after his departure. Everything was personalized around him, the country was a police state, and even its security institutions were hollow to avert coups and to make them only answerable to his patronage. Not a coincidence that his army also collapsed immediately in the early stage of the war. Also contrary to what people who liked his personality and public image will continue to contend, he barely had any popular base of support in the country. Libya reminds me a lot of Somalia, and how it fared following its civil war. Same ingredients of a divided polarized country, corrupt and hollow institutions that immediately collapsed, and widespread popular anger. Left in their place were armed militias along regional and tribal lines, and a huge security vacuum.

Final thought, how come people dont discuss the relatively succesful interventions of the past? Theyre always an option of last resort in a bad situation but I dont buy the dogma that theyre always doomed to disaster. Off the top of my head in Africa alone, there are interventions that ended up OK (edit)

-ECOWAS intervention to oust Jammeh
-British Military intervention in Sierra Leone
-UN (and French-backed) intervention to oust Gbagbo
-Nyerere's intervention to oust Idi Amin

Last edited: