The age of ‘the car is king’ is over. The sooner we accept that, the better

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Neither one of those options seems like fun to me,

thats ok but people should have at least have a choice which they don't in a lot of places. terrible bus and train systems because they weren't properly funded in addition to the poor planning. a lot of people hate driving but literally have no viable alternative so they're forced to. a lot of people shouldn't be driving due to vision issues or health issues but again have no viable alternatives so they're forced to. all the things people like to do while driving but really shouldn't like eating, putting on makeup, have video phone conversations or even reading a book can be done on public transportation. too many people aren't given the choice.

a lot of people driving without insurance or a license because they need to get around but the infrastructure around them only really supports cars.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
koala-on-patrol

Drive like its 1992 brehs

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i wish this was true.

i hate driving and I have really bad road rage...but BART and bus isn't as reliable as my car, here in the bay...plus BART/bus doesn't go as far as the entire bay in any reasonable time frame.

and I ain't bout to uber everywhere and shyt

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
People need cars. Not everyone live in a area where public transportation is on a level on NYC ..
That sound like the fault of the city. It's being designed for cars, not people and that's a problem.

People will look back in the future and think we were retarded with how we designed some of our cities. If they have a time machine the first thing that will probably drive them crazy is the NOISE of all these cars on the road and the smell of exhaust.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed.

Less cars. Not NO CARS. But certainly less cars.

More trains. More trams. More bike lanes. More walkable neighborhoods.

Design cities for people. Not for cars.
I saw a horrific pic earlier of the city of Houston. The amount of city land devoted ONLY for parking lots is outrageous.