The Alchemist - CYCLES (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
ok, what is this exactly???
Alc and Jason Goldwatch basically made a short film in reverse. Instead of the movie being done first and the score later, Alc played the score on a synthesizer and then Jason Goldwatch made the film after the music was done.

This is labeled as an "Original Score" and it's not really beats. Just creative/trippy synth music. The film drops tomorrow at noon.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Man what a wild last week of music. I’m def peeping this.
this is one of those projects that probably won't get discussed because scores aren't really a genre that gets discussed. But I do think people will hear this. It's a cool little window into how his brain works. Without these being beats, and with him actually playing a lot of this himself, @subletteafterdark pointed out that you can hear a lot of the ideas he uses in his beats to tie things together.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alc and Jason Goldwatch basically made a short film in reverse. Instead of the movie being done first and the score later, Alc played the score on a synthesizer and then Jason Goldwatch made the film after the music was done.

This is labeled as an "Original Score" and it's not really beats. Just creative/trippy synth music. The film drops tomorrow at noon.
I was listening right after I woke up this morning and thought “Alc fukking with synths now!?”:whoo:

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was listening right after I woke up this morning and thought “Alc fukking with synths now!?”:whoo:
Yo you know whats crazy? I been focusing on Alchemist development recently and i realised that as much as people take him for a sample/loop master ... If you listen to his work in early 2000's youll find that he didnt even use samples ... it was HEAVY drums and crazy synth patterns

Alc has been a master with synths from EARLY

and dude did the GTA 5 score ... I think a lot of his recent music sounds like he sampled, but actually I think he just using very simple synth loops that sounds like some 80s shyt.

Alc music is too clean, you just know at this point that he aint sampling