“The Banker” Tells the Story of One of the First African American Banks

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Apple is not taking its foot off the gas as they continue to release new content for its new streaming service, TV+. Yesterday, they released the trailer for its new movie The Banker, starring Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Mackie, and Nia Long.

The Banker is based on a true story of Bernard Garr (Mackie) and Joe Morris (Jackson) who are entrepreneurs who team up on a plan to create a real estate and finance empire back in the 50’s and 60’s with the intent to help other African Americans live their dream.

The Banker will have a limited theater run starting on December 6th and then will be available to be streamed in January.

Check out the trailer below.

"The Banker" Tells the Story of One of the First African American Banks - The Quintessential Gentleman

That's a whole lotta finessin :whew: Thoughts?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Apple is not taking its foot off the gas as they continue to release new content for its new streaming service, TV+. Yesterday, they released the trailer for its new movie The Banker, starring Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Mackie, and Nia Long.

The Banker is based on a true story of Bernard Garr (Mackie) and Joe Morris (Jackson) who are entrepreneurs who team up on a plan to create a real estate and finance empire back in the 50’s and 60’s with the intent to help other African Americans live their dream.

The Banker will have a limited theater run starting on December 6th and then will be available to be streamed in January.

Check out the trailer below.

"The Banker" Tells the Story of One of the First African American Banks - The Quintessential Gentleman

That's a whole lotta finessin :whew: Thoughts?

looks good

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Im there with :popcorn: and hot sauce with my burrito.

This the type of black historical cinema I been waiting to see:myman:.

Black producers? writers? director? :jbhmm:

SlimeyLilDude

Richest shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't wait for this. Love to see black people tricking and beating the system. These dudes use the divine and conquer technique perfectly. More of us need to use this technique on them. They always use it on us now it's time to reverse the roles and use it on them to defeat them

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
apparently there was some controversy around this movie. seems like a reach. Movie about the first AA bank with black men not being slaves, all of a sudden shyt getting delayed. :francis:

Share this story
Apple is delaying the theatrical release of its upcoming feature film The Banker following sexual misconduct allegations leveled about Bernard Garrett Jr., the son of the character depicted by Anthony Mackie in the film.22 hours ago

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just read about this..... this shyt is a shytty mess..... it kind of looks like siblings gonna be left out of the money if someone buys the movie...... they want a move about their dad... just not from Garrett jr's perspective

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
apparently there was some controversy around this movie. seems like a reach. Movie about the first AA bank with black men not being slaves, all of a sudden shyt getting delayed. :francis:

‘The Banker’: Apple TV+ Delays Release of Film Marred by Serious Accusations

I'm disgusted. Whites being Whites. They are practicing (like always) White Supremacy/Racism.

And apparently - his Step-sister is claiming he molested her and others. I understand that -- and I empathize.

But, that doesn't have anything to do with this man's professional legacy.