The Beguiled (2017) Best Director at Cannes - Colin Farrell and a bunch of vengeful b*tches!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
zKCZ6Wy.jpg

At a girls' school in Virginia during the Civil War, where the young women have been sheltered from the outside world, a wounded Union soldier is taken in. Soon, the house is taken over with sexual tension, rivalries, and an unexpected turn of events.

I'll admit when the trailer started I was like 'Oh, another period drama by Sofia Coppola' :francis: but by the end I was like :lupe:

'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME, YOU VENGEFUL bytchES!!!!!!' :damn:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Really anticipating this, I remember watching the original as a kid, (not in the 70's lol), and being a certain kind of 12 year old disturbed by it, I used to read movie review books when I was that age, just reading reviews and plot summaries, which is how I first heard of the movie. I saw the trailer attached to something recently, and I think it looks very good. I know Sofia Coppola is polarizing, but I loved her work on "Palo Alto", and think she grasps the material well, as well as Colin Farrell, in a return to form of sorts, as a the leading man, but with enough depth and darkness to make it interesting. Eastwood's character from the original is really twisted and calculating in his manipulations and seductions. The movie is actually very ahead of it's time, and was directed by Don Siegel, if I remember right. Very similar in look and tone to "Play Misty For Me".

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Finally caught this today, it wasn't as crazy as the trailers made it seem but it still worked for me because it is handled so expertly by Coppola. The photography and framing of shots is absolutely amazing, some scenes look like paintings come to life.

:whoo:

The acting was awesome too. Kidman is always so damn great and Farrell hit a high mark in his career here too. It is a small picture in many ways but it sure as hell is effective.:wow: