The best books by Malcolm Gladwell?

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He writes well, many academics have problem communicating research to the public because they are trained to write for other academics. Outliers is the best one of his works that i have read. He also wrote a good article about the social logic of Ivy leagues were he exposes some of the history behind the idea of "well rounded applicants" recommendation letters and other means that WASP presidents of Ivy League schools used to keep groups they considered undesirable or detrimental to the image of their schools.

Getting In

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Outliers! My mentor gave this to me almost a decade ago and one of those books that you find yourself picking up every few years when watching the news. He was on the Breakfast Club recently. Only Jamaican I would like to be in close quarters with.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Outliers! My mentor gave this to me almost a decade ago and one of those books that you find yourself picking up every few years when watching the news. He was on the Breakfast Club recently. Only Jamaican I would like to be in close quarters with.

I just picked up Outliers from this interview, great read so far

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
They're all entertaining. I don't think "Blink" or "What The Dog Saw" are as good as the others, but they still have some good stories and good points.

"David and Goliath" might be my favorite, but "Outliers" was really good too.

"The Tipping Point" is right in the middle.

I actually remember meaningful shyt I learned in every one of those books, in some cases a lot. That's more than I can say for a lot of the non-fiction I read.

I read Outliers which is pretty cool. But I have a feeling all of his books are fairly similar anecdotal stories and then some hard stats to back up positions about statistical analysis, sociological occurrences, human psychology etc.

Got to agree with that. Some of the stuff he says is purposely contrarian - it's meant to get you to think, but take it with a grain of salt and don't assume it's the whole story.