The Breh That Shot Ricky Was Murdering In Real Life Brehs!!!!

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
:patrice:Then he was murdered in jail:merchant:

Most of us never knew his name, but we knew his face from his small, but memorable role in Boyz N’ The Hood. His name was Lloyd Avery II (pictured in the above photo on the left) and his Boyz N’ The Hood character was the street thug who killed “Ricky” [Morris Chestnut] as he was running for his life down that alley, on his way home from picking up a few groceries from the store.

Boyz-N-Da-Hood-lloyd-avery-II.jpg

Well Lloyd sadly ended up living out that real life scenario – his actions landed him in prison, serving time for a double murder and he ultimately was murdered in 2005. Lloyd’s brother, actor Che Avery, gave the details of how Lloyd went from being an up and coming actor from a quiet middle class neighborhood, to a real life gang member.

Che [Lloyd Avery II's brother and actor] remembers the helicopters being louder than usual and seeing a lot of foot traffic out front. Lloyd was with his bike in the kitchen, where he gave his brother a hug, last night’s situation already forgotten [when Lloyd almost confided in Che that he had just killed 2 people], and then left through the back door. Riding on Crescent Heights Boulevard, he made a U-turn and pulled up to the driver’s side of a police car...

che-and-lloyd-avery.jpg

Lloyd leaned down, brazenly asked, “What’s up?" and released his grasp from the handlebars of his aluminum Mongoose. The officer opened his door, and Lloyd stumbled. He quickly recovered and sped west in an attempt to elude the cops but soon collided with another police vehicle. He was arrested for a double homicide. At the time of his capture, Lloyd Avery was...

At the time of his capture, the 30-year-old actor who was finally landing some work. He made his name in a small but memorable part in Boyz N The Hood but was quickly sidetracked. Earlier that summer, Lloyd booked back-to-back features, the Master P produced Lockdown, and Shot, where he also served as a technical advisor. In the latter, he played "G-Ride," a menacing yet charismatic gang member. To those who knew him then, it wasn’t much of a stretch. But to others, it just didn’t make sense.

avery-side-face-shot.jpg

“I like to call it the Tupac Syndrome," Che says. “He felt like he had something to prove when he really didn’t. Even if you have money and fame, you will sacrifice all of that just to have respect from a bunch of thugs." But unlike Pac’s demise under the glitz of the Vegas strip, Lloyd’s murder was far from glamorous. He was killed by his Satan-worshipping cellmate in Pelican Bay State Prison. Outside of his family, it wasn’t really news. Not even to the corrections officers who took two days to discover his body.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:

In other news, i always wonder why Ricky made a beeline straight down the alley instead of hooking left or right and bounding over a wall or fence with his tall, exceptionally athletic ass. I know for story purposes it makes sense, and the fight or flight impulse might have just made him haul ass, but i cant see running in. A straight line when you already see the car pause in place for a second.

He had time, brehs:mjcry:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
the one with the pacifier in his mouth who hung with cube, got shot in his dome after confronting some gang members at a hang out spot...

it's crazy how a lot of those dudes died...
Yeah I remember when he died back in the early 90s. In like 93 or 94' MTV News did an announcement about it. Some of those dudes were really livin that life.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Riding on Crescent Heights Boulevard, he made a U-turn and pulled up to the driver’s side of a police car...Lloyd leaned down, brazenly asked, “What’s up?" and released his grasp from the handlebars of his aluminum Mongoose. The officer opened his door, and Lloyd stumbled. He quickly recovered and sped west in an attempt to elude the cops but soon collided with another police vehicle. He was arrested for a double homicide.
:childplease:

:mindblown:

Dude wanted to goto jail?

Niccas last bit of glory was a high speed chase with the cops on a bicycle...:ohhh:

:ehh:

:salute:
:steviej: