Reppin
Passport Abuse
11057120_865026093533422_8969156013157053_n.png

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
What is "Hood rich" ? And how in the hell does that extend to all Black people ?
Hood rich is the reality american blacks need to face up to, before we ever get out of the hole we're in. We have an impressive degree of buying power - but no savings as a people. Merchants love our consumerism, but won't respect us until we save more than we consume as a people.

That has nothing to do with me type of thinking is part of the problem.

Be offended. It is offensive. Don't ignore, though.

I have no idea how to resolve this. If nikkas set up community banking ala Jews, .... I guess there's a reason every time one gets set up it gains zero traction except via church donations, which is not the same. Or do you disagree?

Sandra was in jail for three days?

There isn't even the denied bail excuse given for the young brother who couldn't be bailed out of Rikers. Why was she in jail that long in the first place?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hood rich is the reality american blacks need to face up to, before we ever get out of the hole we're in. We have an impressive degree of buying power - but no savings as a people. Merchants love our consumerism, but won't respect us until we save more than we consume as a people.

"We" is a generalization and one that's founded on ignorance.
For one there are financially literate black people and assuming that Black people as a whole
have "No savings" is foolish, on top of that "savings" is an individual thing, not a collective thing.

Be offended. It is offensive. Don't ignore, though.

It's not only offensive, it's ignorant and completely off topic.
It also ignores the realities that Black American's had to face post jim crow and during desegregation.
There were very REAL obstacles to gaining generational wealth that could be passed down and that plays
out today.

I won't even tough on the blatantly negative connotations of "Hood" and how it'd
be construed as insulting not enlightening if it came from someone who wasn't Black.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
For one there are financially literate black people and assuming that Black people as a whole
have "No savings" is foolish, on top of that "savings" is an individual thing, not a collective thing.

It also ignores the realities that Black American's had to face post jim crow and during desegregation.
There were very REAL obstacles to gaining generational wealth that could be passed down and that plays
out today.

I won't even tough on the blatantly negative connotations of "Hood" and how it'd
be construed as insulting not enlightening if it came from someone who wasn't Black.

Good. If 'hood' wakes nikkas up, then the Word's work is done. We cannot afford to coddle ourselves and be ostrichs with our heads stuck in the sand, anymore, just because we don't want to hear certain shyt.

As for Jim Crow and segregation, funny just how much more black money was kept in the community during those days. Nikkas wanted to be accepted by white folks so bad they went and gave away the whole banquet for the price of a seat at their own table.

The way to making sure we are financially literate is to STOP pulling a Talented Tenth and own up to the fact that yes, we will be better off if we embrace all of our peoples -- including when our peoples fukk up. They are us, therefore, we can fix us. I remember watching Eyes On The Prize years ago, and being caught off guard by the number of times Establishment Civil Rights Leaders (ahem) referred to regular nikkas as 'street people'. The effect made it seem like 'street people' were not real Black people, were not involved in the process, were not invited to the process, and should shut up, sit back and let their betters do the planning and martyrdom for them.

Yes, many black people are financially literate. You may be one of them. The fact of the matter is that, as a whole American black people are NOT financially literate. Yes, there are serious issues which need to be addressed when it comes to ensuring that we as a whole group do become financially literate in spite of the lower place on the ladder we are starting out with in comparison to better off immigrants. It may be something to feel shame in, but it certainly isn't something to hide from on some 'I'm not like that how dare you' mess.

Following story may be false as the Willie Lynch papers, situation still bears thinking:

http://www.atlnightspots.com/jewish...ple-liquid-money-because-we-give-it-all-away/
Someone I know works closely with a Jewish businessman. *One day, the two had an honest conversation, in which the Jewish man asked, “Do you know what my Jewish friends call the black community?”

My friend said, “No, what do they call us?”

He replied, “We call you liquid money. The same way that water falls out of a man’s hands, money typically seeps out of a black person’s hands the same way. Your community gets money and immediately gives it all away topeople who aren’t black. *We see that as a huge business opportunity.”

He then used the example of many black people on payday or when we get our tax refunds. *He noted how we’ll go to an Indian business to cash the check, an Asian hair salon, a corner store owned by Arabs and a department store owned by whites. *He explained how, when it’s all said and done, these other business people are waiting like hungry animals to eat our bank accounts as if we are the prey.

This is not an attack on Jewish people, but a lesson on how ignorant we look when we keep giving all of our money away.

this part of the blog happened:

1) In America, you have no almost no power if you don’t own something. *There is no pride in a platform on which you sit if it can be taken away from you on a second’s notice. *You have been seduced into believing that you have real power, when the truth is that you do not.

2) If we never learn the value of supporting of black-owned businesses, we are always going to be disappointed. *We are going to have the highest unemployment rates, the lowest wealth levels and the greatest degrees of frustration. *When I had a threehour personal conversation with Min. Louis Farrakhan (followed by a nine-hour closed economicsummit a month later), one point that he made (which I agree with entirely) is that black people can learn a great deal from watching how the Jewish community handles it’s wealth. *In order for us to grow as a people, we must realize this important fact: *Our money is our power and we cannot give it all away.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps

out today.

dapd and repd. some people were never taught critical thinking skills and they post all over the site.