Essential The Coli's GQ Thread: Men's Fashion

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
dabbled my feet into this style. What is it called, and what shoes are appropriate for the shirts (can be any brand, I just want a general idea from brehs so I can find the cheapest alt)

closest thing I own is some Clarks but they’re bulky. Paul Smiths caught my eye but the price tag isn’t ideal for me atm (but it costs to look good)

logo-less sneakers recs would be cool.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just copped these

Everyone has white sneakers. Off-white not so much.

Also tried some New Balances with my girl last night and we both realized that they look triddash on me :mjlol:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just copped these

Everyone has white sneakers. Off-white not so much.

Also tried some New Balances with my girl last night and we both realized that they look triddash on me :mjlol:
I think the off-white sneakers could look good, but it might depend on the pants.
I probably wouldn't wear dark blue with them because it's going to contrast a lot.
Something lighter seems to make sense.

IMG_0890_1200x1200.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I placed an order with GREATS for a pair of their Royale 2.0 sneakers.

It's been 8 days. Item has not shipped.
I've followed up with customer service and they're saying there are supply chain issues. To be fair the customer service is responsive.

I don't have a timeline for when I might receive my item.

I'll give it a couple of weeks since I'm not in a rush for this but I wanted to comment here for anyone who might be thinking of shopping with them.

Maybe look elsewhere.
So I placed this order on April 10th, but at night.
Let's say the 11th.

I followed up twice -- once after 8 days. Again yesterday a little after 5pm.
Literally 3 minutes later I got the shipping notification. And Fedex had it when I checked the tracking so I have to assume it shipped earlier in the day.

And to their credit, they sent it overnight.
It took 16 days from the time I ordered the sneakers until I received them -- though just 12 business days.

I will say, I do like the sneakers. I know they're just plain white sneakers but they are nice and comfortable and I do like that they leather is lined all the way through the inside of the shoe. Is it worth getting these over some Adidas Stan Smiths? You have to make that decision yourself, though I will say that the Greats Royale are objectively better quality. Stan Smiths can be had for like $50 sometimes so there's that to consider.

I don't know if my order was delayed over broad supply chain issues or perhaps it was the fact that I wear a large shoe and it wasn't in stock.
But if you're not in a rush, these are worth considering. These run around $190 retail. With discounts, sometimes in the $150 range or lower. I have seen these for under $100 before if the right sale hits. That's not cheap, but Koio's run $245 and Common Projects go for nearly $500.

I know people will say that plain white sneakers shouldn't cost so much money, and I agree. But going deeper than how it looks, there is construction quality and materials to consider that make shoes more expensive than others. That's just the reality.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So I placed this order on April 10th, but at night.
Let's say the 11th.

I followed up twice -- once after 8 days. Again yesterday a little after 5pm.
Literally 3 minutes later I got the shipping notification. And Fedex had it when I checked the tracking so I have to assume it shipped earlier in the day.

And to their credit, they sent it overnight.
It took 16 days from the time I ordered the sneakers until I received them -- though just 12 business days.

I will say, I do like the sneakers. I know they're just plain white sneakers but they are nice and comfortable and I do like that they leather is lined all the way through the inside of the shoe. Is it worth getting these over some Adidas Stan Smiths? You have to make that decision yourself, though I will say that the Greats Royale are objectively better quality. Stan Smiths can be had for like $50 sometimes so there's that to consider.

I don't know if my order was delayed over broad supply chain issues or perhaps it was the fact that I wear a large shoe and it wasn't in stock.
But if you're not in a rush, these are worth considering. These run around $190 retail. With discounts, sometimes in the $150 range or lower. I have seen these for under $100 before if the right sale hits. That's not cheap, but Koio's run $245 and Common Projects go for nearly $500.

I know people will say that plain white sneakers shouldn't cost so much money, and I agree. But going deeper than how it looks, there is construction quality and materials to consider that make shoes more expensive than others. That's just the reality.
I much prefer Koios to Greats but Greats was my first elevated sneaker but I know they've done a lot of iterations of their sneakers. Thanks for your review