The D.O.C. Says He’s Making New Music With ‘A.I. Technology’

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
the-doc-says-hes-making-new-music-with-ai-technology-1200x675.jpg

"The D.O.C. has announced that he’s looking to reclaim his voice thanks to artificial intelligence, which he’s using to craft a new album.

The Dallas native recently sat down with CBS Mornings. He reflected on the near-fatal 1989 car accident that forever changed his voice, and how he still feels like he has something to say with his music over three decades into his decorated career.

“Fab 5 Freddy asked me if I would be interested in building an album using A.I. technology,” D.O.C. said. The goal would be for him to make new songs, but for A.I. to replace his current damaged voice with one that sounds like him pre-accident.

Freddy told the program: “I just felt like it was a no-brainer for somebody like him to bring some music to the world.”

The N.W.A. affiliate is working with an A.I. company called Suno to bring his vision to life, and he’s excited about the early returns. His last solo LP arrived with 2003’s Deuce.

“When this thing happens, it sounds like a real me,” he said of the company’s computer-generated recreations of his circa-1989 voice, which Suno is applying to new material he’s writing. “I’ve been doing this since I was 16 years old, but I wanted to be the greatest of all-time. And A.I. might give me another shot at that title.”

Watch the clip below.

While D.O.C. is getting back in the booth, he still ranks the late Notorious B.I.G. as his greatest rapper ever.

Back in May, he explained to the What’s The Headline podcast why Biggie holds his top spot, although he was upset when he initially heard the Brooklyn legend.

“I got mad at Biggie Smalls ’cause I could hear where I was gonna go,” The D.O.C. began. “When he first came [out], I could hear where I wanted to go, and couldn’t do it. So it made me be angry with him — before I met him.”

He continued: “But when I met him, he was such a genuine dude. He asked me to take a picture with him, and he was so fukkin’ humble.

“And I was like, how can you hate a dude like that? Ever since then, he’s been my No. 1, really. We were in Chicago at something. It was Saafir and Craig Mack and Smalls and myself. And he was just a cool dude, man.”

https://hiphopdx.com/news/the-doc-new-music-ai-technology

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
How does this A.I. shyt work?

Do I tell it topics I like to rap about?

"A.I., it's me. Buckeyes da Fevers. I rap about an array of topics, ranging from going to Kroger, Walmart and the transgender community. Can you spit me a hot 16 off of that information? Aggression level 8. Passion level 10."

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps

"A.I., it's me. Buckeyes da Fevers. I rap about an array of topics, ranging from going to Kroger, Walmart and the transgender community. Can you spit me a hot 16 off of that information? Aggression level 8. Passion level 10."
I believe this is more in the realm of replicating vocal frequencies

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Glad he's embracing it since it wasn't long ago that he said he wasn't interested in using AI for his voice with future music.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Makes sense for him, normally I wouldn't want it. If he can get close to his regular voice without too much strain and too much processing, this could be great for him

bnew

Veteran
Daps

in this case he's likely cloning his voice from years ago from good quality studio recordings before the instrumentals were applied over it and using it to create a A.I speech version of himself. he'll rap some lyrics using his own flow and then use the AI model to clone the song.

example: