Religion/Spirituality The ENLIGHTENMENT thread ... RENAISSANCE Edition

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@LeyeT in the O.G thread you dropped some stuff on chakaras , think it was vids as well as reading material , drop those again if u can breh

Last edited by a moderator:

Juno

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
The meaning of life =

If life is a HOAX..... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66iq40acSGM"]Alan Watts - Life is a Hoax (or 'Man is a Hoax' if you will) - Big Bang = You - YouTube[/ame]

Then why dont you change...? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEIfMqM5wnM"]J. Krishnamurti : Why don't You Change? - YouTube[/ame]

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Juno

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Krishnamurti is that dude... his philosophy books were some of my first. sun was a mad scientist

If you like him, i recommend checking out Alan Watts as well. Both give penetrating perspectives on interesting topics.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
dont remember the vid from the OG thread but this one gives a good explanation of chakras.

Spirit Science 2 ~ Chakras - YouTube

Krishnamurti is that dude... his philosophy books were some of my first. sun was a mad scientist

I really wish people would stop linking those Spirit Science videos. they are hot garbage IMO

they seem alright at first, but they go haywire somewhere around part 6 or 7

that's interesting that you dig Krishnamurti... did son ever experiment with psychedelics?? son sound like ppl I know that have done acid :leon:

can't say that I dig his talks/books though

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I really wish people would stop linking those Spirit Science videos. they are hot garbage IMO

they seem alright at first, but they go haywire somewhere around part 6 or 7

good because this is #2 so it hasn't gone haywire yet. or is there actual information from the video you disagree with?

that's interesting that you dig Krishnamurti... did son ever experiment with psychedelics?? son sound like ppl I know that have done acid :leon:

can't say that I dig his talks/books though

ill always show love to the fam krishnamurti... you can tell he thought deeply and thoroughly contemplated his thoughts and opinions. but after a while it came off in more of an academic tone than a spiritual tone, although the spirituality was still present.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/On-Bullshyt-Harry-G-Frankfurt/dp/0691122946/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363231776&sr=8-1&keywords=on+bullshyt]On Bullshyt: Harry G. Frankfurt: 0218681122946: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshyt. Everyone knows this. Each of us contributes his share. But we tend to take the situation for granted. Most people are rather confident of their ability to recognize bullshyt and to avoid being taken in by it. So the phenomenon has not aroused much deliberate concern. We have no clear understanding of what bullshyt is, why there is so much of it, or what functions it serves. And we lack a conscientiously developed appreciation of what it means to us. In other words, as Harry Frankfurt writes, "we have no theory."

Frankfurt, one of the world's most influential moral philosophers, attempts to build such a theory here. With his characteristic combination of philosophical acuity, psychological insight, and wry humor, Frankfurt proceeds by exploring how bullshyt and the related concept of humbug are distinct from lying. He argues that bullshytters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshyt need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshytters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant. Frankfurt concludes that although bullshyt can take many innocent forms, excessive indulgence in it can eventually undermine the practitioner's capacity to tell the truth in a way that lying does not. Liars at least acknowledge that it matters what is true. By virtue of this, Frankfurt writes, bullshyt is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are.