The Evolution of Human Consciousness

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What are your thoughts on the development of the human mind and evolution?

Is there proof that human consciouness is a product of random mutations and selections during human evolution? If so, I would like to read about it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are your thoughts on the development of the human mind and evolution?

Is there proof that human consciousness is a product of random mutations and selections during human evolution? If so, I would like to read about it.

1. Our thinking of the world and how we were told how it works must be through dialogue of other people who lived in other nations and knowledge through history.

2. Mutation of what? Human Consciousness is about using one hemisphere of the brain over the other.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anything that we are aware of at a given moment forms part of our consciousness, making conscious experience at once the most familiar and most mysterious aspect of our lives.

I believe everything has consciousness, our's imo has been the same since we evolved to our recent higher form

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what to add to this.. other than you can expand your conciousness if you wish to, it takes some time and effort.......however, it's quite easy if you have the desire or are just tired of the mundane and crave your true essence, although it's even easier to fall back to your "baseline" awareness if you start to slack....The irony of it is that it is 100 percent completely effortless...

Opening up conciousness isn't always fun though.... a lot of repressed/hidden feelings, thoughts and phobias will arise, it's part of the process..let it unfold. It only gets better.

Yoga, meditation....... and some good old time alone will help bring you to this perspective.

Also.. try a sensory deprivation tank session, you should be able to find one in your city..or at least your state.

It will teach you about your inner workings..what's going on in your life, how you have been acting, what your role is in situations..and how you have been effecting those situations ...and then........you just let go, words really can't do the experience any justice....

The only advice I can give you if you want to expand your own conciousness is this: Stop focusing on conspiracy theories (whether or not they are true/false is irrelevant), and focus on yourself. Conciousness is connected, if you haven't developed the ability to perceive it on your own and be IN IT......then everything else is just mind chatter..basically just a tiny dot that appears on the screen of conciousness itself.

Be the screen of conciousness, not the stuff that appears to be on it...the stuff never effects the screen.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
2. Mutation of what? Human Consciousness is about using one hemisphere of the brain over the other.

well the direction I was going in is.. how and why would advanced human self awareness develop from evolution. A level that seperates us from other organisms.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't know what to add to this.. other than you can expand your conciousness if you wish to, it takes some time and effort.......however, it's quite easy if you have the desire or are just tired of the mundane and crave your true essence, although it's even easier to fall back to your "baseline" awareness if you start to slack....The irony of it is that it is 100 percent completely effortless...

Opening up conciousness isn't always fun though.... a lot of repressed/hidden feelings, thoughts and phobias will arise, it's part of the process..let it unfold. It only gets better.

Yoga, meditation....... and some good old time alone will help bring you to this perspective.

Also.. try a sensory deprivation tank session, you should be able to find one in your city..or at least your state.

It will teach you about your inner workings..what's going on in your life, how you have been acting, what your role is in situations..and how you have been effecting those situations ...and then........you just let go, words really can't do the experience any justice....

The only advice I can give you if you want to expand your own conciousness is this: Stop focusing on conspiracy theories (whether or not they are true/false is irrelevant), and focus on yourself. Conciousness is connected, if you haven't developed the ability to perceive it on your own and be IN IT......then everything else is just mind chatter..basically just a tiny dot that appears on the screen of conciousness itself.

Be the screen of conciousness, not the stuff that appears to be on it...the stuff never effects the screen.

What do you know about astral projection?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
well the direction I was going in is.. how and why would advanced human self awareness develop from evolution. A level that seperates us from other organisms.

Read up on the Right-Left Hemisphere of the brain and you will see consciousness there. Also there are many ways to get there but we must first get out of our box we were leaving in our entire lives.

Meditation and Ayahuasca can open up alot of your third eye.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
The definitive research book on this is The Origins of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, by Julian Jaynes

I can't copypaste on phone for some reason. Wtf. Another broken feature? Anyway just google the book

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stuart homeroff and Roger Penrose deduced that consciousness originated from microtubials in the brain

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Is there proof that human consciouness is a product of random mutations and selections during human evolution? If so, I would like to read about it.

There's no meaningful proof that "random mutations" are the source of any major evolutionary development. The idea that evolution is built off of randomness is an ideological assumption, it's never been demonstrated through experiment or evidence. In fact, every few years another study comes out showing mutations are non-random, but the narrative of "random mutation" doesn't seem to die.

Genetic Mutation Isn’t So Random After All

DNA Mutations Are Not Random: New Research Radically Changes Our Understanding of Evolution

The definitive research book on this is The Origins of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, by Julian Jaynes

I've heard his theory was quite novel but is it really anything more than a hypothesis? I've never heard of any strong evidence backing up his idea and in the 50 years since he wrote the book I'm unaware of anyone following up and really expanding acceptance of the idea.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I've heard his theory was quite novel but is it really anything more than a hypothesis? I've never heard of any strong evidence backing up his idea and in the 50 years since he wrote the book I'm unaware of anyone following up and really expanding acceptance of the idea.

Well it's not scientifically provable is it. Even if there was an empirical test to evaluate consciousness right now today (which I don't think there is), it'd be no help at all for critiquing Jaynes' theory, because you would need to build a time machine or something to go back to the Bronze Age and run the tests on some person there. Testing modern humans doesn't work because the whole theory is that we are fundamentally built different to our ancient ancestors.

It's one of those questions for which empiricism as a methodology just can't ever work. We have to use different methods. I think he arrived at his theory by looking at how ancient texts were written, so he used language to try to gain an insight into the psychology of the society at the time. I don't think textual analysis is something that scientists like to do, it's better left to academics who work in humanities fields. Someone in linguistics or philology or history, with enough of an interest in philosophy of mind to care about Jaynes, would be able to follow up on his idea.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The fact that dogs, dolphins, and chimps have different levels of self-conscience says it evolved to me.