'The Game' (CW/BET) | Paramount+ | Renewed for Season 2

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

The Game is officially back on — and a few former players are suiting up for a comeback.
https://tvline.com/lists/paramount-...nt-plus-series-order-original-cast-returning/
Paramount+ has handed a 10-episode series order to a revival of The Game, the sports world-set dramedy that aired for nine seasons on The CW and BET, TVLine has learned. Plus, original stars Wendy Raquel Robinson and Hosea Chanchez will reprise their roles as sports agent Tasha Mack and football star Malik Wright, respectively. “Several other legacy cast members” will also be “making special appearances,” the streamer promises.

The revival shifts the action from San Diego to Las Vegas and combines original cast members with newcomers “to offer a modern-day examination of Black culture through the prism of pro football,” per the official synopsis. “The team will tackle racism, sexism, classism and more as they fight for fame, fortune, respect and love — all while trying to maintain their souls as they each play THE GAME.”

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The revival shifts the action from San Diego to Las Vegas and combines original cast members with newcomers “to offer a modern-day examination of Black culture through the prism of pro football,” per the official synopsis. “The team will tackle racism, sexism, classism and more as they fight for fame, fortune, respect and love — all while trying to maintain their souls as they each play THE GAME.”

They should've just did a spin-off. This sound like an entirely different show

:francis:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
its strange that Kelsey Grammar and the Akils can get this on 3 different networks and can't get Girlfriends back on the air
With the success of Insecure, Grownish, etc it would seem they could get one of these streamers to give it a go
I understand Tracie Ellis Ross price might be too high plus she's going to ride Blackish until the wheels fall off but I'm sure you can get the other 3 for a good price plus introduce younger ladies to mix it up
They all said they want to do it, not sure what's going on

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its strange that Kelsey Grammar and the Akils can get this on 3 different networks and can't get Girlfriends back on the air
With the success of Insecure, Grownish, etc it would seem they could get one of these streamers to give it a go
I understand Tracie Ellis Ross price might be too high plus she's going to ride Blackish until the wheels fall off but I'm sure you can get the other 3 for a good price plus introduce younger ladies to mix it up
They all said they want to do it, not sure what's going on
Do y’all REALLY wanna see Girlfriends in 2021? Those hoes were low key old BACK THEN. I ain’t tryna see a bunch of 50something year old Black women being single out here.