The Game Recalls Prince Turning Down A Collaboration Over One Word

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Game says he almost recorded a song with Prince several years ago.

“I wanted him to get a on a song and he was down to do the song, right,” the Compton, California rapper says to TMZ in a video that was published today (April 25). "So we met at [former Universal Music Group chairman and CEO] Doug Morris’ office, man, at Universal a few years back and he heard the song and there was one curse word in it and he was like, 'Yo. I can’t get on that. It’s got a curse word in it.’”
Although Prince used profanity on some of his material, including 1992’s “Sexy M.F.,” he later stopped cursing in his songs.

“That’s the evolution of people and their lives,” The Game says. "You get older. You get wiser. Prince became a Jehovah’s Witness and he cut out all that so we didn’t do the song 'cause I needed that curse word.”
The Game says he and Prince laughed about the potential collaboration the next time they saw each other.

Prince passed away at his Minnesota estate in Chanhassen Thursday (April 21). He was 57.

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.38507/title.the-game-recalls-prince-turning-down-a-collaboration-over-one-word

Last edited:

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn
Y'all dont remember his Michael Jackson story 7 years ago when Michael died? This nikka is a psychopath!!!!! You're not gonna edit one word for muthafukking Prince?

GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Jackson Tried To End 50 Cent/ Game Beef

:russ: for real though I honestly wait for legends to die to hear his ducktales, surprised we didn't get a Whitney Houston story.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all dont remember his Michael Jackson story 7 years ago when Michael died? This nikka is a psychopath!!!!!
:russ:
Pathological liar. "I recorded a big and pac tribute, mj was going to sing and do a verse but I said nikka in it. He actually called me a couple years later out of the blue and said he wanted to do it anyway, then he died."