The hidden war over grocery shelf space

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Retail is crazy breh. People think stores just buy a bunch of shyt and throw it on the shelves.

Nope. Not only is there a science as to the placement of it, the manufacturers have to pay for shelf space, and some shelf space is worth more then others. Big companies will buy all the shelf space to keep start-up competitors with better products out etc.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Retail is crazy breh. People think stores just buy a bunch of shyt and throw it on the shelves.

Nope. Not only is there a science as to the placement of it, the manufacturers have to pay for shelf space, and some shelf space is worth more then others. Big companies will buy all the shelf space to keep start-up competitors with better products out etc.
The ending and comparison to Trader Joe's selling your product under their name :ohhh:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
When you realize that there's nothing sacred anymore.

I mean I get it, it cost money to put your product in a store but damn, is there NOTHING that hasn't been corrupted? Big business makes it impossible for the "mom and pop" to sustain itself and survive. Then hearing that they'll take your brand, make you sign a NDA, then actually SELL your product with their name on it, shameful man...

I work in nutrition, and this peaked my interest.