The History of Russia & Ukraine: A Thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
In light of posts in the official invasion thread I thought it would be good to start a thread for us all to better acquaint ourselves with the history of these two nations. I’ll go dig up some info but if anyone would like to contribute that’s more knowledgeable please feel free the floor is yours. :tu:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In my very humble opinion or unsupported hunch is the West had to punish Russia for offering the world an alternative to capitalism.

I think it was easier for the Capitalism to forgive fascism than it was to forgive communism. Communism as an ideology was/is a threat to the Capitalist world order and the flag bearer had/has to be destroyed completely. China, The other major communist nation, was given a pass because they adopted a market based economy that wasn’t totally antithetical to capitalism.

Just my humble opinion.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

I guess if we’re gonna start anywhere we can start with Kievan Rus. @AyBrehHam Linkin you had some real great insight is there any suggestions on sources or where to begin?

This is also a good video. I’ll try to dig up some more stuff later.

i was tryin to to tell someone IRL that this aint no new shyt.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
This is a documentary about Donetsk in 2014.

This is the French version but the OG version is American. The director's name is Anthony Butts and the name of the documentary is DIY Country.
DIY Country de Antony Butts (2015) - UniFrance

Cannot find a link to it though plenty of the footage was shown in this VICE doc below but it focuses mostly on 2014 while DIY Country also covers 2015 and the political consequences

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Good Times Bad Times is a nice YouTube channel on geopolitics. My favorite channel, CaspianReport, hasn’t yet updated since the start of the conflict. They’ve had good stuff in the past which I’ll post as well. Anyways, GTBT has been doing a day by day breakdown of the conflict:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
In light of posts in the official invasion thread I thought it would be good to start a thread for us all to better acquaint ourselves with the history of these two nations. I’ll go dig up some info but if anyone would like to contribute that’s more knowledgeable please feel free the floor is yours. :tu:
nap gonna high Jack your thread lmao