The HOOD/GHETTO "SHOULD NOT" Be GLORIFIED Until African-Americans/Blacks INVEST & OWN IT

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Listen, it's all about Economics in the United States. Until, we legally own the hood and practice Economics like those Miami Cubans, we shouldn't glorify it. Even though we AA's AREN'T a monolith our African heritage brings us together and gives us something that we share. We have had some of our own brehs and sistas killed by imaginary turf. Listen, we can employ our own people and create jobs in the hood. Basically, stack chips like the Sephardic and Ashkenazi Jews (I respect them). Even the Arabs and Mexicans practice group economics in their hood. Also, we need Rap music that EMPOWERS our people NOT divide them. It's time to employ our own people and help them become productive citizens in their hood. Hell, Nigerians and other African immigrants practice it. So, why can't we do the same? That, "I got mine" mentality gotta stop. Seriously, we have AA brehs c00ning when they buy cars and "flex" on their own brotha. Instead of doing that why not buy the hood back?

In D.C., the Ethiopians and Somalis practice group economics. Same with the Armenians in California.

Cliffnotes: We gotta BUY THE HOOD.

Meksico

You can be kings, I'm trying to be an emperor
Daps
Reppin
LDN
"Buy the hood, black owned businesses, banks, schools etc"

Literally what every pro-black person says, and yes it's true and very good advice, be stupid to not do it, especially since every other group does it so well and it works right? :ehh:

The problem is no one does :francis: edit: not no one, that's a too generalised, but there seems to be very few initiatives I've seen that push this actively and are "working" per say

And I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons why, which honestly I wanna know :jbhmm:

I mean we get why it's all good to do, so if it's such a great idea and everyone knows and agrees, why hasn't anyone managed to do it yet? What is legitimately stopping us? :ohhh:

Just my thoughts it's somewhat bugged me is all :yeshrug:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

Literally what every pro-black person says, and yes it's true and very good advice, be stupid to not do it, especially since every other group does it so well and it works right? :ehh:

The problem is no one does :francis: edit: not no one, that's a too generalised, but there seems to be very few initiatives I've seen that push this actively and are "working" per say

And I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons why, which honestly I wanna know :jbhmm:

I mean we get why it's all good to do, so if it's such a great idea and everyone knows and agrees, why hasn't anyone managed to do it yet? What is legitimately stopping us? :ohhh:

I appreciate the feedback.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti

The problem is no one does :francis:

I've realized that there is a segment of the black community who is actually thinking about the next generation and building & trying to leave something better for them instead of this bullshyt.... the rest of the community doesnt give a damn about the next generations because its all about self.... as long as the bills paid and they can enjoy their lives, they dont give a fukk if their grand children gonna get kicked in the ass by white supremacy ... and thats sad... cause the next generation is gonna peep game and realize that the OGs spent decades working and getting money and didnt leave shyt behind for them and theyre gonna lose respect.... theyre gonna have to go crackers for education and economic opportunities and the majority of black people dont care because they think this way of life is normal..... and its not..... youre not supposed to go to the same people who hated your ancestors and ask them to educate you and your children and provide jobs for you..... IT MAKES NO SENSE.

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
:gucci: I swear most of threads you do are unoriginal cliche AF.
Idk it's starting to be cliche to diss this nicca. Bruh just keep on moving he don't let nothing stick. I never seen him get mad when y'all throw shots.
It's not like what he's saying is that flawed.
:dame:

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
The worst part is at the same time, dude ain't exactly wrong :francis:

This has been preached to death with no obvious changes so I can see why the boredom/desensitivity to it (hell even I get like that) :patrice:
Breh these topics so redundant on here and in real life ..the ghetto is the ghetto FOR A REASON

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

I know exactly what you meant when you said nobody does it. To keep it funky it's never the people like OP that's always bumping their gums that don't do shyt ime. nikkas always with the fukking pep talks but they themselves ain't bought shyt. That stuff honestly gets annoying after awhile. Most people that are really doing it don't have all the rah rah stuff they just doing it but this cock eyed OP just want virtual daps. That's straight bytch shyt to me. nikka out here parading around like a peacock for daps on a messageboard. Forget that practice what you preach so your message can be that much more impactful instead of just talking like most of the people out here.

BlaKcMoney

Hijo Del Ray
Daps
However, you can CHANGE the ghetto. Sick of you all with that defeatist azz mindset.
I agree but I think it's more about enlightening,informing and arming us with real skills/services than it is about owning real estate.

If people, esp young black MEN are taught skills that they can earn money with, the crime will go down. We will have less brothers dead or in prison, and that leads to black men being the head of our households again.

Strong, intelligent, economically independent black men running the household is the #1 solution for the problems in the black community.

Then these neighborhoods will have unions of black men whether they're family,neighbors or colleagues, like back in the day, before Crack and Child Support.

Right now the problem is alot of our people don't know how to do anything but get a job as an unskilled laborer or join the military.