The Hypersexualization Of Black Girls

KingZaire_

Superstar
Daps
Mental Health in the African American Community

What do y'all think about this article :jbhmm:

what she says is true and this is a huge problem in the black community especially with covering up shyt done to black girls. My mom cut off two whole sections of our family for covering up shyt like that.

I also think this begs the question about how black people are seen as older in general

There were some studies shown about how black men and woman are precived to look bigger/older/threatening next to other races of people even if those people were bigger

Also The white supremacy at hand in the system because let's be real had R.Kelly did that shyt to a white girl they would be trying to have his head on a stake.
:usure:

:salute:To the Sista for the article she obviously knows her shyt

So what y'all think?

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Great post and article. Yeah.. I can relate. I remember being in summer camp around 10-11, it was a predominantly white camp (more convenient for my mom
To drop me off bc it was close to her job). But I remember changing into my swimsuit, and all the other girls were staring at me. I remember being real self conscious and feeling awkward, thinking to myself, like what are they looking at? Then a female camp counselor must have noticed and pulled me to the side. She told me that I was more physically developed than the other girls and if I wanted more privacy or didn’t feel comfortable to let her know. That was my first experience.

Now that Ive been working in a male-dominated industry- I notice the stares and glances even though I’m in corporate attire and conservative in what I wear. It’s still uncomfortable even tho I’m grown but I just don’t let it affect me and have developed the confidence to remain professional and not give into it or take offense.

The problem is sometimes the prejudgments people make - physical appearance is considered before your work efforts. People are surprised when you show that you have an intelligent mind. Even with younger girls and women with having larger breasts or butt your, the prominent features viewed as faster or more sexually aggressive, like the article says. Think if They are instilled with confidence and better coping skills for these situations it would help long term.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Great post and article. Yeah.. I can relate. I remember being in summer camp around 10-11, it was a predominantly white camp (more convenient for my mom
To drop me off bc it was close to her job). But I remember changing into my swimsuit, and all the other girls were staring at me. I remember being real self conscious, thinking to myself, like what are they looking at? Then a female camp counselor must have noticed and pulled me to the side. She told me that I was more physically developed than the other girls and if I wanted more privacy or didn’t feel comfortable to let her know. That was my first experience.

Now that Ive been working in a male-dominated industry- I notice the stares and glances even though I’m in corporate attire and conservative in what I wear. It’s still uncomfortable even tho I’m grown but I just don’t let it affect me and have developed the confidence to remain professional and not give into it.

The problem is sometimes the prejudgments people make - physical appearance is considered before your work efforts or having larger breasts or butt your viewed as faster or more sexually aggressive, like the article says.

I wanna side with women, but yall act like ya'll are so fukking helpless. Are ya'll grown adults or are ya'll children? yeah you get glances, if you are as nice looking as you say are then you gonna get em. I got a nice sized dikk. and women eye my shyt down. to the point its actually creepy. It's upsetting. But I dont expect a messageboard to give me hugs. or for someone to give a fukk.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I wanna side with women, but yall act like ya'll are so fukking helpless. Are ya'll grown adults or are ya'll children? yeah you get glances, if you are as nice looking as you say are then you gonna get em. I got a nice sized dikk. and women eye my shyt down. to the point its actually creepy. It's upsetting. But I dont expect a messageboard to give me hugs. or for someone to give a fukk.

No point in my comment says about being helpless. I was relating my experience. I’m on a male dominated board that asks for a woman’s input. i don’t expect empathy, I was talking about my issue. at what fukkin point am I asking for a shoulder to cry on, hugs or expecting help? I handle my own business and don’t expect shyt from no one. Don’t get me confused with the me too-ers, that’s not my lane.

Who the fukk cares about your dyck size-that shytz not impressive, been there done that as most women have. Your mouth and mental is not all that impressive from your comment, so I think you need to focus on those more. Size don’t mean shyt if you’re not working with nothing else. .

Last edited:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
To drop me off bc it was close to her job). But I remember changing into my swimsuit, and all the other girls were staring at me. I remember being real self conscious and feeling awkward, thinking to myself, like what are they looking at? Then a female camp counselor must have noticed and pulled me to the side. She told me that I was more physically developed than the other girls and if I wanted more privacy or didn’t feel comfortable to let her know. That was my first experience.

Now that Ive been working in a male-dominated industry- I notice the stares and glances even though I’m in corporate attire and conservative in what I wear. It’s still uncomfortable even tho I’m grown but I just don’t let it affect me and have developed the confidence to remain professional and not give into it or take offense.

The problem is sometimes the prejudgments people make - physical appearance is considered before your work efforts. People are surprised when you show that you have an intelligent mind. Even with younger girls and women with having larger breasts or butt your, the prominent features viewed as faster or more sexually aggressive, like the article says. Think if They are instilled with confidence and better coping skills for these situations it would help long term.
I am not surprised. If i remember, whites were the reason why the natives were sexualized in the first place. otherwise, walking around half naked was the norm and not a big deal. take a look at Hawaii before they were colonized by the Americans - the natives preferred their women to be half naked. the women preferred to be half naked. it was natural and nothing sexual.

Last edited:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
didnt read the article but if they didnt call out beyonce and riri by name then its just some timid fluff piece.

those 2 especially B are responsible for that shyt, it even effects the non black communities check the same forumla with demi lovato, selena gomez, etc ..... just promiscous videos and wack records just like B. telling every black girl to get a soldier that like to carry big things or the diva is a female version of a hustler or fck me good i take him to red lobster.

AAs will always be side swept you have a fckd up blind side, whatever though.

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps

I totally agree with this!!!

That camp counselor sounded sweet.

Being a DD in 5th grade was hard because alot of people in the community called me fast. It was a shock too cause the things I normally wear I couldn't anymore like tank tops, bathsuits,etc.

Like when it came to older men n they started looking at me I would get in trouble often even tho I wasn't doing anything. Social Media kinda helped me feel better about my body cause thick is in now but it's still a struggle.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Let me ask this:

what is the proper amount of "sexualization" for Black girls??

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Let me ask this:

what is the proper amount of "sexualization" for Black girls??

let's start with "none" and see where we go from there.

Puritanization of the human body has caused far more problems than it has solved. White people have impressed their hangups on us to such an extent that too many of us can't see past it.

Big Brown Areola

Young Soul
Daps

You thick ma? :steviej:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
the black female form is a damn blessing.
these white bytches are getting famous/rich
emulating every aspect of it.
the key is and has always been to
teach our daughters their worth
and beauty in their form....nose/lips/hips etc.
dont cast your pearls to swine.
wat6rr.jpg

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
let's start with "none" and see where we go from there.

Puritanization of the human body has caused far more problems than it has solved. White people have impressed their hangups on us to such an extent that too many of us can't see past it.

Outside of "puritanization due to White folks"...it seems like we get an article like this every time R.Kelly does something (lol),
but here we are again.

This particular article says the solution to this is to "not neglect them (doesn't specify what she means), and love them",
and not "force them to grow up too fast". But how "fast" is fast enough?

I ask that because under the same umbrella of the idea of their "mental health" we have to:

- send them to school which makes them "grow up" normalizing accelerated sexual behaviors
- let them not lag behind their peer group so they don't seem out of touch (i.e. - wearing make-up at a certain age; having their own phone)
- let them pair up and date so they learn how to socialize
- teach them to appreciate their bodies (i.e. - "us slim girls don't get any love"; "us big girls are invisible")
- for GOD'S SAKES, look at them instead of "Becky" and "Sarah"

if we are honest about it, all of that in some form of another breaches the sexual realm...
so how much of it is okay to address and still be "okay" according to what the author of this article (and other articles of this ilk) says is okay?

(sidebar: and frankly, I never understand why Black boys aren't included in this concern because it's the same for them...but whatever)

Lweezy

Banned
Daps
didnt read the article but if they didnt call out beyonce and riri by name then its just some timid fluff piece.

those 2 especially B are responsible for that shyt, it even effects the non black communities check the same forumla with demi lovato, selena gomez, etc ..... just promiscous videos and wack records just like B. telling every black girl to get a soldier that like to carry big things or the diva is a female version of a hustler or fck me good i take him to red lobster.

AAs will always be side swept you have a fckd up blind side, whatever though.

But they dont hear you though:wow: