The Knicks could've drafted Tyrese Haliburton and passed on him....

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They picked Obi Toppin instead. The Kings drafted him and they didn't even NEED a PG :mindblown:

Not only did Obi Toppin never start, the Knicks got rid of him after only 3 seasons. Now his starting with Haliburton in Indiana. :snoop:

I could see if they drafted Darius Garland in 2019 instead of RJ Rabbit, but no..

In 2018, they thought Kevin Knox was going to be better than Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.. and Knox ended up being the WORST pick in the top 10.

Last year, there was this big fuss in New York over trading for Donovan Mitchell.. well guess what.. With the 8th pick in the 2017 draft, they could've picked him, but the drafted Frank Ntilikina :scusthov: Phil Jackson was in charged, and he didn't give a shyt. They also passed on Bam Adebayo.

Basically, the Knicks don't want or care about developing young talent. All they care about is letting other teams develop talent and wait for them to become free agents or demand trades. They don't know how to scout talent or draft worth a damn. It's not a priority. I feel bad for Quickley because It's hard to even know how good he is. He could be just as good as Maxey but who the fukk knows.

And it's not just the Knicks. Devin Booker was the 13th pick in his draft class. Frank Kaminsky went before him :scust: Emanuel Mudiay, Justise Winslow, Stanley Johnson, ALL went before Booker. Nikoli Jokic was a SECOND round pick.

Which brings me to my final point. In this new era of basketball, teams flat out suck when it comes to scouting players. The draft lottery don't mean shyt. 1/2 the league aint even trying to win. shyt is bad.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
sigh

To not understand why they took Obi is to forget what the Knicks were thinking at that time.

All your crying is hindsight, cuz there weren't many people crying about not getting Mitchell. All we knew about Mitchell was that he was a raw local who always had Met dikk in his mouth. Y'all were too busy crying about not getting Dennis Smith Jr.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
So did 9 other teams.

Knicks actually scout pretty well and develop their players. Barrett was the consensus 3rd pick, Mitch is a 2nd round pick, quickley late 20s, Grimes late 20s.

That's why I said it's a league wide problem.

Because college players only play one year, it's hard to scout college games. And it seems like if a freshman doesn't enter they draft, something is wrong with them a la Mitchell.

Outside the first 2 or 3 picks teams don't know what the hell to do.

The knicks needed a PG. And even if you look at Barrett's game film, he wasn't worth the 3rd pick. They got him by default. THey made the easy choice.

And hell no, the Knicks can't scout for shyt.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
That's why I said it's a league wide problem.

Because college players only play one year, it's hard to scout college games. And it seems like if a freshman doesn't enter they draft, something is wrong with them a la Mitchell.

Outside the first 2 or 3 picks teams don't know what the hell to do.

The knicks needed a PG. And even if you look at Barrett's game film, he wasn't worth the 3rd pick. They got him by default. THey made the easy choice.

And hell no, the Knicks can't scout for shyt.
Then why make a thread singling them out? They picked obi because no one expected randle to become as good as he has and make two all nba teams. He was being picked to be the eventual starter. You don't find three starters in the late 20s/2nd round if you don't know how to scout.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
sigh

To not understand why they took Obi is to forget what the Knicks were thinking at that time.

All your crying is hindsight, cuz there weren't many people crying about not getting Mitchell. All we knew about Mitchell was that he was a raw local who always had Met dikk in his mouth. Y'all were too busy crying about not getting Dennis Smith Jr.

They didn't have a point guard. If they were planning something else, it only proves my point about their incompetence

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Then why make a thread singling them out? They picked obi because no one expected randle to become as good as he has and make two all nba teams. He was being picked to be the eventual starter. You don't find three starters in the late 20s/2nd round if you don't know how to scout.

The NBA is guard driven..... the Knicks still needed a POINT GUARD. I mean they tried to sign Kyrie and KD. That was their original plan clearing up cap space. Randle was their Plan B.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
They didn't have a point guard. If they were planning something else, it only proves my point about their incompetence
They had two. They had Elfrid Payton who Knicks fans hated, but they had DSJ who Knicks fans thought was gonna be the gem of the Porzingis trade since they passed him up earlier for Ntilikina. Doing flippy shyt gets you far with a fanbase.

If they have Haliburton, not only is Quickley not a Knick (because the Knicks woulda been trying to draft a Randle replacement no matter what), Brunson isn't one either-- because if I have a guy who has his capabilities, I'm not spending $100+ mil on another PG while Randle's playing defense like the controller don't work.

I bet you think there's a world where IQ, Haliburton and Brunson are all wearing blue and orange right now.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Suns passed on Haliburton too :mjcry:
That one seemed so obvious to people, but Phoenix wasn't on that type of time either like Golden State. Drafting an understudy to CP3 as if he needed more developmental time wasn't the way to go.

The only 2 teams that kinda deserve criticism for passing him up are Chicago and Detroit (Wizards too I guess but those teams, yikes)