The Last of Us Multiplayer

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Imma just forget about this. I'm good with waiting.

Got Callisto Protocol, Hogwarts, and God of War coming. I might pick up Ghost of Tutshima again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Jeff Grubb said:
They're making a standalone multiplayer game that is not Factions. It's gonna be very, very live service-y. They're building all the services in so they can, like, swap in huge parts of it in and out. Like, that's what they've been working on and trying to make it bigger and bigger and more ambitious.
“A few moments later, he says, "This is them talking about Factions, what Factions has become." And later, towards the end of GB's stream, he elaborates on what he said before, saying that Naughty Dog delayed the game because they wanted to make it more ambitious and its own thing rather than "just Factions," as well as taking the time to develop their tools to where they can create new content and implement it easily without requiring huge downloads on the players' side.”

“The game being very "games as a service"-y shouldn't be a surprise at this point given that Sony has said they want to move into that space pretty hard, but even with that in mind, it sounds like this game is going to be very large-scale compared to what Factions was in the first game (which Naughty Dog has indicated as much, considering the concept art that they shared today, and Druckmann saying that this is as big as any of their single player games). And it's a relief to hear that Naughty Dog has taken so long partly because they want to make sure they get their tech right before releasing the game-- that's something that has really hindered games like Destiny.”

Seems like they are trying to make this like Destiny sized multiplayer with big story expansions

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A battle royale mode definitely has to be in this game right? RIGHT? You always had to loot and craft shyt in the original MPs, it only make sense, and looking at the scale of the map in that image, this may become a reality.

They prolly will also have a traditional TDM/MP mode as well of course, so don't you all BR haters come for me.
:martin:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
A battle royale mode definitely has to be in this game right? RIGHT? You always had to loot and craft shyt in the original MPs, it only make sense, and looking at the scale of the map in that image, this may become a reality.

They prolly will also have a traditional TDM/MP mode as well of course, so don't you all BR haters come for me.
:martin:

It needs an extraction mode the most like Tarkov mixed with Left 4 Dead. That shyt would be crack with PVP and PVE at the same time.