The LOX's Money, Power & Respect turns 18 today

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
If you think I'm jiggy is actually the worst song on the album. That's a song made purely to sell the album to white folks, who had a full fledged love affair with the word jiggy at that time.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: Forreal? I just relistened to it the other day and realized how terrible it was.

:russ: yeah...the rod stewart hook was corny at first but over the years I realized I actually loved this cut. I kinda fukked with that late 90s jiggy shyt....alot of the production sounded good to me back then.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
I appreciate the spirit and they've got the clothes down, but the production values are very current. The production values are what made the 90's the 90's. Their shyt looks to slick and glossy.

Oh and won't no damn flip phones in the 90's.

Not necessarily lost, but if you don't identify as black, represent any aspect of black culture, and even look white.....then you're not black lol.

I mean she's a white woman to me. Which is fine. I like white women lol. But why even bring up her being half black in the first place?

Wrong thread but what kinda fone was it?

They did have fones that had flippin parts. Motorolas on the bottom flipped out to cover the mouthpiece

I cut the vid off a min into it
I still think this is a dope album. Fav track is actually If You Think Im Jiggy

Always liked that song and over time grew to really dig it. Honestly it was a big hit here at the time.

Beat is flames. I know the first song i ever heard by the neptunes was the rmx to jiggy. 2nd was lookin at me by mase

:dwillhuh: Forreal? I just relistened to it the other day and realized how terrible it was.

Ha ive had that happen to songs i havent heard in a while. I always liked jiggy tho. Never was really big on mo money mo probs and i grew to dislike it a lot. I avoid that song at all costs, very corny/wack to me

all for the love:ohlawd:
remember hearing that on the radio and thinking wtf is this PlayStation game sounding beat :whew: shyt reminds me if rayman

Lol that shyt sound nuthin like a videogame

Sounds like the carribean. Soon as i heard them flutes i thought of the islands.

Even the hook invokes the thought of the islands.

Those drugs are buried on a beach

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
dope ass album

I know The LOX themselves and fans wanted them to go on the hard beats like their second album, but Diddy was making these glossy albums (LAD, HW, LS,) look like cinematic masterpieces, like something from a scorsese filc