The Meaning of Life

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We’re living some demon’s dream… even down to the language that informs your entire reality and gives you rules you never agreed to. This dream sucks and If there is a hell for a soul, it would be being stuck in a infinite loop of being born in a physical, aging and limited body on a planet filled with demons who control ALL aspects of life.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
...to experience and use your senses that have been bestowed on you. that's why everyone searches for happiness because it's the most fulfilling experience you can have.

So much this. Sometimes it takes a while, but when you find it...its worth the anticipation and wait. It took me the majority of my life to realize that I have everything that I used to desired when I was younger.

• A big wife (well she's thick big :shaq: )
  • A son (intelligent, gifted, and resilient)
  • A nice townhouse (living in an apartment, but I speak it in existence)

Despite having my own business (babysteps), I tend to look at the little things because they hold so much weight compared to the heavy blessings. Sometimes, I look at the ramen and think of a time my son and I were sitting outside the shelter eating semi cold can ravioli like train track workers. Laying on my bed with my wife, when ages ago we were on opposite ends in the best conditions due to differences. The struggle makes you appreciate the blessings and better outcome ahead.

Shoot, if my family and I didn't take that chance of trying to go overseas, we would probably not be a family from the get-go. The little things matter, which makes the meaning of life essential. You never know when you are going to make a decision that could change the atmosphere, but you prepare for the outcome of knowing you found purpose in living.

I say this beyond the Coli gimmick, that it is time for you to find happiness and if it's in a little thing such as a walk in the park, or a simple Coli brehs post...you hold onto that shyt.

Its time for brehs to experience their inner Peter Pan. Have that joy in whatever that may be. Shoot, looking back....I am thankful for the hell, because it got me closer to heaven on Earth...

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Life has no intrinsic meaning.

Biologically your DNA wants to carry on.

As for your restless mind: what is its purpose? Just to keep you from walking into a camp fire.

But the beauty of there being no inherent meaning is: YOU assign meaning.

You decide if you want to make the world more beautiful or if you want to wage war or if you want to rescue people.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I never liked this question because it assumes that "life" is a vague concept with a singular goal. Its like asking for the meaning/purpose of a chair...the simple answer is, "to sit in". That works for a desk chair but what about a throne or a pilot chair. But eat of those chairs serve different purposes outside of sitting in them.

I read a book, "man's search for meaning" by Frankel where he gave an analogy to this question. He said asking this question is like reading a 10 pages of a novel then trying to discern its meaning from those pages. A rare and highly intuitive person could pull it off, but that doesn't work for the most of us. If you want to fin the meaning of a book, you have to read the majority of it. Same with life, you have to experience life to find meaning in it. The highs and especially the lows. As no situation repeats itself and each situation requires a different response, no man can find meaning of his life by reading another man's book.

The better to ask question is "who can you find meaning in your life". Basically you have to indulge into a bit of self actualization which is extremely difficult. The religious tend to he adept at doing this because self actualization techniques are built into most of them, at least compared to the irreligious or atheist. That's lowkey why stopped shytting on theists.. sky daddies are still the simplest ways we can answer questions that don't have definite answers.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
My guy goes MIA and comes back after awhile with a depressing ass post :what:

No offense but either make the changes for happiness even if that means leaving your wife, moving states…etc or stop crying breh :yeshrug:
I didn't even say anything about my life this time though :manny:

COLI MANDINGO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Every day, I drag myself into this forsaken factory to assemble cars for 9 hours. Grueling work. Long hours. For my family. My kids. My wife. I've lived 2 lives.

I look around and I see these young men and women. I'm the prime of their youth. Most of them have no idea what they want to do in life. I would ask my coworkers, where do you see yourself 5 years from now. Most of them have no answer. I weep for them. What does it all mean? Mundane work. Mundane lives. A mundane existence. It can't be all for the chase of money.

How do we define the meaning of life? Most would say god gives us meaning and I respect that answer; I am a former minister after all. But I cannot trap such a thing inside as this inside so small of a box.

I believe self fulfillment is the meaning of life. Doing whatever you can, while you can took achieve the pinnacle of joy. You cannot truly spread love and joy to others unless you have it within. We cannot give what we do not possess. We all must truly find ourselves and what makes us joyous inside.

Happiness is based on external things. But joy can only come from within. It's based internally.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Idk i had a slice of deep dish pizza from this new place downtown shyt made me feel :wow:

delivering galactic backshots to a jawn that said she was done with you :wow:

moving in a new place and realizing alot of it was because of you :wow:

being around family and none of us missed a beat, just vibes :wow:

its like pharrell said man... life is easy people make it complicated, maybe evaluate your surroundings... i know its hard, but try to enjoy your time while u here breh.

:cheers:

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All you can do is heed the call of God with moments he provides. An opportunity requires actions to be taken to feel the fulfillment from it. The experience you get from the moments/opportunities aid you elsewhere in another moment/opportunity.

Be there for people and allow them to be there for you. You're in that factory for somebody that will need you. You're there for a lesson for yourself. You're there to fulfill a need for someone that needs that product as well.

A job is a job, but it's also a learning institution, a community, a challenge