The Menu | Horror Comedy | Starring: Voldemort, Beth Harmon and Beast | Streaming on Max

Avisible Man

S/N: 52092850
Daps
Do you like horror movies? What about horror comedies? I'm a yes to both. What about Chopped on Food Network? I love that show. It's cool to see how the chefs try to make a cohesive 3-course meal out of mystery ingredients. Apparently, that's the case with the new horror comedy, The Menu. I saw the preview when I saw Nope in July and it looked good...the food and the movie.

Here's the synopsis:

A young couple travels to a remote island to eat at an exclusive restaurant where the chef has prepared a lavish menu, with some shocking surprises.

We got Anya Taylor-Joy, who is on run right now. In the last two years, she's been in, The Queen's Gambit, Last Night in Soho, (both very good) The Northman, Peaky Blinders, and Amsterdam, which is out now. I haven't seen The Northman yet but I have it in My Stuff on Peacock. I tried to get into Peaky Blinders but had to tap out, and I watched that shyt with the subtitles on from the beginning. Needless to say, she is a Joy to watch. Her thread, from @Kiyoshi-Dono:
And the trailer:

We skewering the 5 Star restaurant business with meat skewers? :ohhh: shyt looks like a mix of The Hunt, Ready or Not, The Invitation, Chopped and Les Stroud's Wild Harvest. :dead:
Les Stroud's Wild Harvest is a cool show. You should check that out.

The Menu hits tables and theaters on November 18th and is currently sitting at a 73 on Metacritic. Looks good. I'ont know what Chef Voldemort be serving tho. shyt, I hope it's the hands from the Tarrare episode of Atlanta. :russ:

giphy.gif

Screenshot-20230104-051206-2.png

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Watching tomorrow.

I've seen the trailer in most of the films I've watched since like the summer

Looks like subtle fukkery.

I predict the chick is like the heiress to the place or to the chef or whatever, that's why voldy is interested in her and wants to protect her.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Man, Fiennes was so demented in this that I thought he was actually going to turn into Voldemort at one point. :mjlol:

Fantastic movie. As unsettling as it was, I still had laughter on my face for majority of the duration. Script was absolutely wild, and those dark comedic breaks were perfectly timed. There’s a moment within the film that turns everything upside down in spectacular fashion.

ATJ unsurprisingly continues to shine in her roles, but Fiennes commands this film hands down. Also great to see Leguizamo back in these theatrical releases. Reviews have been good though it saddens me that this will be slept on here, especially when it’s getting sandwiched between BP2 and Avatar.

’Tyler’s Bullshyt’ got me.:laff::laff::laff:

Dude had the googly eyes every time chef spoke, but ends up exposing himself and proving that he wouldn’t last ONE episode of Chopped. :dead:

Fiennes’ character actually brought up a good point too later on. Besides ATJ, these guests really didn’t try their best to escape the situation. The number of questions asked by them far exceeded the attempts to get out.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I thought this was really good. Acting was well casted. One major flaw in logic that was addressed in the movie itself. I like about 95% of the movie, but the very end felt a little empty to me, but (i know this sounds contradictory) still fell in line with the tone of the movie. I would imagine, if you listed all the wild shyt that happens in this movie it would be a lot, but this movie never seems to completely go off the rails, it always sort of resets the tone back to zero every time.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Good movie.

I had a feeling it was going to be something simple to get out of there :laff:

Also loved how the movie showed how each of the guests were in their own world and didn’t even bother to try and work together. Lol it was every man for themselves

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Good movie.

I had a feeling it was going to be something simple to get out of there :laff:

Also loved how the movie showed how each of the guests were in their own world and didn’t even bother to try and work together. Lol it was every man for themselves
Chef Slowik when the boys asked for some bread to accompany that pretentious dish.

anton-ego-notes.gif

Chef Slowik when Margot asked for a down-to-earth, regular ass cheeseburger.

anton-ego-flashback.gif

That scene hit extra hard since I ate one before the screening.:mjlol: