The Miz In 2013: Signing Autographs Is "A Privilege And An Honor" Since Fans Help Pay His Bills

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Disclaimer: This came from an interview that Miz did with Sam Roberts in 2013 and is not a response to Sasha Banks.

“Whether it’s an adult asking for my autograph or a kid, whether I’m eating or doing something I don’t want to do, it’s like ‘They want my autograph’. It’s kind of a privilege and an honor…..They’re the people that pay my bills.”

I do think think that the calling airlines ahead of time and staking out hotels is pushing it a lot. There needs to be an understanding between fans and wrestlers otherwise it could lead to fans pissing wrestlers off or wrestlers getting reputations as a$$holes.

Anyway I'm interested to see how TSC takes this quote and video after that thread about Sasha Banks fan interactions.

Last edited:

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
MizGAWD always there for the fans :blessed:

lCZJv8n.gif

tumblr_n99t6hTDgF1szvd2fo3_400.gif

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't think there's a large number of autograph hounds annoying the wrestlers at airports asking to sign 1728261 items. I think it's the same small number of people that all the wrestlers refer to.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Miz is a person who wants to be accepted by the fans, humbled by anyone who seeks an autograph.

Not everyone is like that, but its one of those fan retention things; like Kane, who is known to be extremely Friendly, where it makes the fans want to see and react.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Miz is a person who wants to be accepted by the fans, humbled by anyone who seeks an autograph.

Not everyone is like that, but its one of those fan retention things; like Kane, who is known to be extremely Friendly, where it makes the fans want to see and react.

Pretty much all of them are polite to the fans. Every so often you hear stories of rude ones (Punk and Sasha in recent years) and usually where there's smoke there's fire. They want the fame and money only when it's convenient for them.

That's certainly not defending the creeps who call up airports and hotels, but let's not act like that's the majority of what's going on just because it may be someones favorite wrestler who is an ass. Those type of fans may represent a half of one percent of all fans.