The MTA takes another L

Chef

All Star
Daps
Starting in 2019, the L train between Manhattan and Brooklyn in New York City will be completely shut down for 18 months in order to repair the extensive damage wrought by Hurricane Sandy. It is the longest and most painful service disruption in the history of America’s largest subway system.

An estimated 225,000 people ride the L train between Manhattan and Brooklyn every day, which is more people than the daily ridership of Baltimore, LA, and Miami’s systems combined. The decision comes after months of public hearings and anxiety by the MTA, which had also considered shutting down just one of the tunnel’s tracks at a time for a much longer, three-year repair process. By opting for the quicker option, the agency is siding with riders who said in surveys they preferred the 18-month shutdown.

NYC subway tunnel used by 225,000 people a day will shut down for 18 months

:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the MTA is a scam. im convinced they make these project last longer so louies mafia contracting can get those millions.

4 trains run on the local track, EVERY WEEKEND since i can remember. you telling me the express track needs contruction EVERY WEEKEND but the local track doesnt?:comeon:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
hotline-bling-gif-2.gif

B C 4 5 6 N Q, Uber , My Car is all I need in the city anyway.

Hipsters in Williamsburg :umad:

Enjoy that Mocha Frappa Gamma Gluten Free Organic Omega Green Coffee Quinoa Smoothie on the fukking bus :umad:

Last edited:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
One and a half years? Man, thousands of people are going to change jobs and stuff because of that.