The NBA’s Unlikely Real Estate Mogul: Inside Luol Deng’s towering $125M Portfolio

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Its actually sad that it took nba players this long to catch on. Real estate, specifically multi-unit homes and commercial properties, are a great source of revenue. They provide a constant and increasing cash flow. If we knew then what we know now, dudes could have owned half the cities they grew up in.

Well players are making more money than ever now, so good thing they are catching on and making moves.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Luolz.jpg
:russ:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Cause they expecting all NBA players to go broke...:mjlol:
I mean he went to a a freaking Ivy League school technically

Most real estate investors are just rich kids and hustlers to begin with (trump, Donald Sterling) it’s not like becoming a doctor or lawyer

Found that wording very odd

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Happy to see a story like this as opposed to "athlete goes broke". This is what most of these players should be doing, even while they are in the league. Build a real estate company and pretty much have another income stream while you sleep. Prop to him :salute:
A lot of cats did get burned by real estate deals too

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I mean he went to a a freaking Ivy League school technically

Most real estate investors are just rich kids and hustlers to begin with (trump, Donald Sterling) it’s not like becoming a doctor or lawyer

Found that wording very odd

I mean yeah...:manny: but look at him and look at that idiot from the lakers lamar odom...:mjlol: Shaq and kobe doing exceedingly well. this fool OD in a whorehouse in the middle of the desert... His fortune gone..

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Its actually sad that it took nba players this long to catch on. Real estate, specifically multi-unit homes and commercial properties, are a great source of revenue. They provide a constant and increasing cash flow. If we knew then what we know now, dudes could have owned half the cities they grew up in.
Real estate investing is good if you have pure cash to finance your purchases with.

If you have to use leverage(like most of us), you start playing a dangerous game. That shyt can make or break you with a quickness. Get into a workout group with a commercial property and those boys at the bank gonna be at your door like :ufdup:.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Very hesitant to dap stories about opportunity zones. Yea some cool (black) people like Nipsey, Deng, etc have used them, but overall opportunity zones are being used to buy up urban areas and then more quickly gentrify the area. Especially in places like Detroit where you can buy up an area for x price and the sell it to the city or to a billionaire for xx price.
Man stop it.
If you don't own shyt thats your fault, cant complain about what people do with shyt they own.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Real estate investing is good if you have pure cash to finance your purchases with.

If you have to use leverage(like most of us), you start playing a dangerous game. That shyt can make or break you with a quickness. Get into a workout group with a commercial property and those boys at the bank gonna be at your door like :ufdup:.

Thing is players have/had enough disposable cash to pool their funds together and make serious purchases. The way i see it if you have enough funds to finance 30-40% of the purchase price you can generate enough income from the property to make a nice cash flow. Keep in mind all im talking about is multi-family units. Commercial is a good wave but I don’t know enough about it. Also every serious investor pools his money with others. Always been a roadblock with us because we lack trust.