The nWo formed 17 years ago tonight

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Seeing Sting drag an unconscious Savage outta the ring in a total "we got got and have to accept it for tonight" moment still makes me :to:

I really don't know if there's anything about that reveal that coulda been done different. Just flawless. Heenan spazzing fit his character, he always hated Hogan. Worst yet was as evil as it was Hulk didn't tell one lie in the promo

-P-

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Definition of a money promo. My best friend bought it and we were so hyped because it felt like it was WCW vs WWF at the time..didn't see the Hogan swerve coming at all. It all made sense when he did the money promo of a lifetime afterwards too. Hall had me rolling..just hulking up and fukking around in the background on some OTHER shyt:laugh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
NWO was like the gift and the curse.

If WCW knew when to kill it, they might still be around.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
NWO was like the gift and the curse.

If WCW knew when to kill it, they might still be around.

To be honest, the NWO should have ended at Starrcade '97 with Hogan losing the title cleanly or, at least, Superbrawl '98.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I also like how he cut the promo as Hulk Hogan and not Hollywood Hogan; there's a difference there. There was a lot of real bitterness in that promo coming from Hulk Hogan that wouldn't have came off as well if he immediately adopted the Hollywood persona. It was a nice evolution of character that I've never seen anyone mention.

:heh: @ him constantly adjusting Mean Gene's arm like a mic stand. Totally non kayfabe moment.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Perhaps the biggest angle ever which led to another huge angle with Sting which they ended up dropping the ball on. Cuz Sting should have won that belt clean and had a long title reign which could have ended in Goldberg beating him. But Hogan's ego had to get in the way and then they give the Hogan Goldberg match away for free like dumbasses. Then the final straw was Goldberg losing to Nash just so he could lay down for Hogan.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The choreography:pachaha:

Ginyu_force.gif

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That leg drop though on savage still gets :o

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
I also like how he cut the promo as Hulk Hogan and not Hollywood Hogan; there's a difference there. There was a lot of real bitterness in that promo coming from Hulk Hogan that wouldn't have came off as well if he immediately adopted the Hollywood persona.

I WAS JOHN CENA STATUS THOSE FIRST COUPLE YEARS IN DUBYA SEE DUBYA, BROTHER! I WAS GETTING BOOED, I WAS HAVING TRASH THROWN AT ME, I WASN'T APPRECIATED FOR BEING THE GLOBAL MEGASTAR I WAS, DUDE! I SLAMMED THE TWO THOUSAND POUND ANDRE THE GIANT FOR THOSE PEOPLE, MEAN GENE! THEY TURNED ON ME LONG BEFORE I TURNED ON THEM, BROTHER! THAT'S WHY THE NEW WORLD ORGANIZATION HAD TO BE FORMED, JACK!

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I remember Hall hitting Goldberg with the tazer pole thing and said to my cousin (who was into wwf and i was into wcw at the time) do they do that at wwf? :youngsabo: