The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WW pushed up

Two new movies added for 2018 and 2019

It was smart for WB to push the date up for Wonder Woman, because where it was originally scheduled would of been a box office nightmare automatically, regardless how it would of been reviewed.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you gotta bee off than Henn, bales alfred aint do shyt the whole trilogy but look sad..

Jeremy irons ouchea working the bat plane and giving etherous speeches

and dont compare bales batman to Batflecks, WHOLE fight scene in BvS shyts on the nolan trilogy, maybeeee as bruce we can argue but as Batman ??? BATFLECK wearing the crown

What about those speeches Bales Alfred gave to Bruce,telling us the character motivations of Joker and Bane?The story bout the jewel thief:banderas:?he was pretty helpful to a young batman.

Excuse me if i prefer my Alfred reluctantly helping Bruce be Batman,over a Alfred dropping him off potentialy to his death,and seeming okay with it:...Martha and Thomas would be disgusted at this Alfred:scust:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Didnt believe it at first but i now think suicide squad is going to be dc's sleeper movie. I liked bvs but suicide squad will take a massive shyt on it if its done right.
More times I watch BvS...the more I think it delivers. My favorite cbm in years. Maybe since Winter Soldier :yeshrug:

Suicide Squad I've been more hyped for than BvS though.

The diversity is just :wow:

Hoping its the Fast and Furious of comic book movies in terms of appeal :manny:

After BvS reception I'm not guaranteeing its a hit (worldwide) though :francis:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only point I went to wikipedia for was to explain Lex Jr. That's it.

The only thing I personally think was sloppy was the Dream sequence, but that's lending itself to the larger picture so whatevs and how easily Lex rolled the guy in the chair into doing his bidding as well as the Senator's lackey initially giving him access to anything he wanted without restriction. Everything else we can agree to disagree on that. I don't understand how you thought Supes was lifeless. He's not supposed to be Deadpool or even Captain America. That cat has never been the dude throwing out speeches at people. He's a boy scout that relies on actions. Always has been. I liked the way they did the JLA. It was a hell of a lot better to me than adding in 10 seconds clips after the credits of each movie for years.

:what:What do Captain America and Deadpool have to do with this? He was lifeless because he barely spoke for the first hour and Cavill is rather stiff as an actor. I've yet to see people praising his performance. Bats, WW, and Alfred get praised and two of them barely had camera time. I have seen several people in here and elsewhere ask whether they should recast Superman. The character is a boy scout but he's not robotic.

I don't think what I pointed out was flaws nor do I say that it was one of the most complex movies I've ever seen, but this all ties into why I said the audience (Americans) are simple as shyt especially as it pertains to comic book movies. They need films to follow a specific archetype, they need the hero/heroes, they need the villains, they need the villain to do something directly to the hero to spur the conflict or have the lines be specifically drawn, then lastly it all needs to be wrapped in a simple bow.

:heh: Wow, so they expect heroes and villains in super hero movie, an understanding of their conflict, and a resolution. That's just basic storytelling. Having those expectations doesn't signify stupidity. It is rather stupid to have a villain with no clear motivation. Then on top of that we get Doomsday who's just there to smash shyt for no reason. Don't blame the audience when Snyder can't tell a coherent story.

Let's take Marvel's movies as an example
:camby:Let's not. This has nothing to do with them so let's just stick to the subject which is BvS and judge it on its own merits instead of trying to send subliminal shots. If you want to make comparisons why not use the other DC movies since there's plenty of Batman and Superman films to pick from.

For the majority of this movie if you came in blind, and not a Bats or Supes stan, your version of who the villain was (Bats/Supes/Lex/The Senator) could depend on your own personal barometer of right and/or wrong vs. what they were doing.

:mjlol: Nobody thought the heroes were villains at any point. Supes having any fault in that Africa, rescue Lois mission was absurd. Batman caught bodies but seeing him as a villain at any point is also absurd. The Senator didn't have enough time to be a villain. That whole Senate vs Supes angle came and went and wasn't fleshed out enough because they had to dump in dream sequences and JL emails.

The majority of the people that I've heard complain the most about this movie being "terrible" was mad because there was no clear winner in the Bats vs Supes fight AND the 2nd most complaint is it didn't have any jokes. They're at fukking war. It's not supposed to be funny. How can those be the primary complaints if they ARE paying attention to the characters or the story? One is at the end of his rope and the other is judged no matter how much good he's doing.....it's funny you seem more upset by my last point when studio execs think the audience is dumber than I do. How do you think we got to the point of blockbusters (primarily comic book movies) or oscar bait being the movies they only really fund anymore? Formuliac sequels, reboots from nostalgic franchises, whitewashed casts, "original" ideas are just remakes from foreign films, market testing that always results in making the movie more vanilla. People in this country will watch a film just because it has a familiar name....and those are the folks you want to defend? Nah.
:duck: Now you're being disingenuous. That Martha scene and a lack of humor were on the list of complaints but they were not the primary ones. I didn't even mention them when I told you why I thought the movie was bad. You're trying to spin this into some broader debate on Hollywood but again that's irrelevant. Let's just stick to BvS.

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
What about those speeches Bales Alfred gave to Bruce,telling us the character motivations of Joker and Bane?The story bout the jewel thief:banderas:?he was pretty helpful to a young batman.

Excuse me if i prefer my Alfred reluctantly helping Bruce be Batman,over a Alfred dropping him off potentialy to his death,and seeming okay with it:...Martha and Thomas would be disgusted at this Alfred:scust:

because in the comics Alfred understands what Batman stands for, he's more than just a babysitting butler smh

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it - I thought it was a good movie, sans ol boy as Lex Luthor....he tried, but it could have been done by a better actor. I think the devastating of cities is a bit much though, but they do the same in Marvel as well. But the last battle would make you think hundreds of thousands lost their lives.

Gal Gadot is beautiful & she was dope in the movie, if she just gains a little more weight - she'd be perfect as WW. I thought Affleck was good & so was Cavill. Always been a fan of Jeremy Irons

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel bad for Henry Cavill, b/c he defintely seems more than capable, but he gets almost nothing to work with.

they have the right guy and they don't even know it.

^ there is more superman in that 3 minute clip than the entire runtime of BvS

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they have the right guy and they don't even know it.

^ there is more superman in that 3 minute clip than the entire runtime of BvS

I think we'll see the boy scout Superman in the Justice League films. He is still new at this superhero thing and will come into his own in time.