Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Copped tickets for this broner vs Cobbs fade

I think buddy gone KO Broner 🤣 just off athleticism alone smfh

Last time he had one set for the hard rock he pulled that mental health shyt so he better come thru this time

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

I'm not debating whether or not Chisora still got some juice left. He's always game and wouldn't be surprised if he's still game at 40.

But if he catches Joyce, Joyce may want to consider a new career route.

In the words of Christopher Wallace "UPS is hiring". :francis:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'm not debating whether or not Chisora still got some juice left. He's always game and wouldn't be surprised if he's still game at 40.

But if he catches Joyce, Joyce may want to consider a new career route.

In the words of Christopher Wallace "UPS is hiring". :francis:
chisora is going to end up brain damaged..this is a huge mismatch...joyce is and should walk right through him

but yeah if joyce loses this one, he should look for something else to do for a living

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

guess who's back

LAS VEGAS (May 22, 2024) — Just because Elvis left the building once before doesn’t mean he can’t return. “The Dominican Kid” is home.

Junior welterweight contender Elvis Rodriguez has signed a long-term promotional contract with Top Rank, the company that guided him as a rising prospect from 2019 to 2021. Rodriguez makes his second Top Rank debut in a 10-rounder on Saturday, June 29, on the Teofimo Lopez-Steve Claggett undercard at James L. Knight Center in Miami, Florida.

“Elvis Rodriguez is a supreme talent, and we are thrilled that he’s decided to re-join the Top Rank family,” said Top Rank Chairman Bob Arum. “There are many great fights for Elvis at 140 pounds, and if he fights up to his potential, he will be a world champion one day.”

“It truly feels great to be back home. I have always felt like a Top Rank fighter," Rodriguez said. "Top Rank made me a star, and they will make me a champion. I am looking forward to June 29. Elvis will finally be back in the building! It’s been a long layoff, the longest of my career, but I am 100 percent focused on June 29.”

“We are very excited and happy to be back with Top Rank. Elvis is such an exciting fighter, and he brings much-needed excitement to the sport,” said Benny Lieblein, Rodriguez’s manager. “We are looking for an opportunity at the top guys in the division, and we believe Top Rank can get us those fights. All these guys have been choosing the path of least resistance. With Top Rank keeping him active and using their promotional power, they won’t be able to avoid us much longer.”

Rodriguez (15-1-1, 13 KOs), trained by Hall of Famer Freddie Roach, emerged as one of the sport’s top prospects while fighting inside the Top Rank Las Vegas Bubble. From July 2020 to February 2021, he went 5-0 with four knockouts, demonstrating crushing power from the southpaw stance. His momentum temporarily stalled after being upset by Kenneth Sims Jr. in May 2021. Since his Top Rank departure, Rodriguez has gone 4-0, including a February 2023 decision verdict over Joseph Adorno. He made a serious statement that July, stopping former world champion Viktor Postol in seven rounds.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My favorite Roy commentary moment:

Jim Lampley: "This is the Golota that froze against Lennox Lewis....."
Roy: "Nah Jim! This is the Golota that just got the hell knocked outta him."

:mjlol:
Golota was caught colder than a mufukka...ive said it before and ill say it again,,,i enjoyed the hell out of lamon brewster title reign...blew hot and cold like a mfr but he was entertaining

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Golota was caught colder than a mufukka...ive said it before and ill say it again,,,i enjoyed the hell out of lamon brewster title reign...blew hot and cold like a mfr but he was entertaining
Yeah I was a fan of Brewster too. His fight against Liakhovich was fun!! He could’ve won that

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah I was a fan of Brewster too. His fight against Liakhovich was fun!! He could’ve won that
you know i sing the praises of brewster vs liakhovich..best HW fight from 2000 and up...you dont see HWs today throw and land like those 2 were doing

Daps

I wish I could've gone to a major boxing card when I lived in Chicago, only ever went to a couple Friday Night Fights & Bobby Hitz promotion cards. I almost went to Usyk vs. Witherspoon but wanted to save at the time :sadcam:

Tampa isn't the hotbed for combat sports that Chicago is, and the crowd atmosphere doesn't hit the same.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

guess who's back

LAS VEGAS (May 22, 2024) — Just because Elvis left the building once before doesn’t mean he can’t return. “The Dominican Kid” is home.

Junior welterweight contender Elvis Rodriguez has signed a long-term promotional contract with Top Rank, the company that guided him as a rising prospect from 2019 to 2021. Rodriguez makes his second Top Rank debut in a 10-rounder on Saturday, June 29, on the Teofimo Lopez-Steve Claggett undercard at James L. Knight Center in Miami, Florida.

“Elvis Rodriguez is a supreme talent, and we are thrilled that he’s decided to re-join the Top Rank family,” said Top Rank Chairman Bob Arum. “There are many great fights for Elvis at 140 pounds, and if he fights up to his potential, he will be a world champion one day.”

“It truly feels great to be back home. I have always felt like a Top Rank fighter," Rodriguez said. "Top Rank made me a star, and they will make me a champion. I am looking forward to June 29. Elvis will finally be back in the building! It’s been a long layoff, the longest of my career, but I am 100 percent focused on June 29.”

“We are very excited and happy to be back with Top Rank. Elvis is such an exciting fighter, and he brings much-needed excitement to the sport,” said Benny Lieblein, Rodriguez’s manager. “We are looking for an opportunity at the top guys in the division, and we believe Top Rank can get us those fights. All these guys have been choosing the path of least resistance. With Top Rank keeping him active and using their promotional power, they won’t be able to avoid us much longer.”

Rodriguez (15-1-1, 13 KOs), trained by Hall of Famer Freddie Roach, emerged as one of the sport’s top prospects while fighting inside the Top Rank Las Vegas Bubble. From July 2020 to February 2021, he went 5-0 with four knockouts, demonstrating crushing power from the southpaw stance. His momentum temporarily stalled after being upset by Kenneth Sims Jr. in May 2021. Since his Top Rank departure, Rodriguez has gone 4-0, including a February 2023 decision verdict over Joseph Adorno. He made a serious statement that July, stopping former world champion Viktor Postol in seven rounds.

Gotta be for a Teo fight right