Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Robert Easter Jr: It's Time To Collect All Them Belts
Jake Donovan @JakeNDaBox_v2 Sat, Feb 11 2017

1486820005-IMG_1165.JPG

TOLEDO--Robert Easter Jr. had to stop himself short of calling out the entire lightweight division until after he was able to move past his lightweight title defense versus Luis Cruz. The unbeaten 26-year old is confident of beating anyone in the world in or around his weight class, but at the same time didn't want to lend any suggestion of looking past his opponent.

The level of respect was right in line with his embodying his Toledo, Ohio hometown, which translated well at the box office as he fought in front of a near-capacity crowd Friday evening at the Huntington Center. More than 8,700 fans poured into the venue to watch Easter Jr. score three knockdowns en route to a landslide decision victory in the Bounce TV-aired main event, after which he was able to set his sights on the future.

"It's time to collect all them belts," Easter (19-0, 14KOs) told FightNights.com after his latest victory. "All them other lightweights with a belt - Mikey Garcia, Terry Flanagan, Jorge Linares - they're all on my radar."

Whereas most boxers at the title level insist it's not their job to call out potential future opponents, Easter Jr. clearly has no problem naming names. His hit list includes arguably the best three lightweights in the world aside from himself. Another top-rated contender waits in the wings, as Denis Shafikov presently serves as his mandatory challenger.

Sanctioning bodies will consider unification bouts as an acceptable alternative to mandatory obligations, but either way in fighting early enough in the year there is time for the rising star to pursue all of the fights on his hit list. While it's not guaranteed that every fight can take place at home, Easter Jr. at least provided a grand opportunity for more to come in a town that openly welcomed its first ever world title fight.

"You saw (Friday night( in the ring and the crowd that came, I'm a superstar," Easter Jr. insists. "Those other guys I mentioned, they got the belts but they ain't got the following I do. You saw all the love in here. Toledo is now a fight town, and my city will come out in full force for anyone who wants to step into the ring with me.

"I know I'm the best lightweight in the world and now it's time to collect all my prizes."

Robert Easter Jr: It's Time To Collect All Them Belts

Show me my opponent.......*crunch* *crunch* *crunch*......show me my opponent:demonic:

#TBT

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Why Canelo and GBP doesn't try to stop this from happening? :jbhmm:
They just gonna let Golovkin strength his bargain position with getting all the mw belts?

Apparently the fight is supposed to be in September but GGG wants to fight 3x this year at least so it makes plenty of sense. I don't think GB really cares if he has #allthebelts

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Manager: Lomachenko Willing to Face Garcia or Pacquiao at 135

By Steve Kim

Currently, WBO super featherweight belt-holder Vasyl Lomachenko (7-1, 5 KOs) is scheduled to face Jason Sosa, who holds the WBA "regular" title, on April 8th on a card that will be televised by HBO.

But, Lomachenko and his team have designs are bigger fights against the marquee names in the sport.

The boxer's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, believes his rising star will move up to the lightweight division by the end of this year. Lomachenko is already an two-division world champion in only eight professional fights.

garcia-lomachenko_1.jpg

Egis Klimas, the manager of the two-time Olympic gold medalist, when asked if they would face Mikey Garcia - who recently captured the WBC lightweight title on January 28th by blowing out Dejan Zlaticanin in three rounds - gave a very short answer:

"Listen, Lomachenko told me that other day he'd love to fight Mikey Garcia," Klimas said.

Klimas, while an in-studio guest of 'the 3 Knockdown Rule' with Mario Lopez, was then asked about the possibility of a showdown with Manny Pacquiao.

Arum would love to make that fight, but Lomachenko has been insistent that he won't go above the lightweight limit of 135. Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, is interested as well, but he'd rather have the fight take place around the junior welterweight limit of 140-pounds.

"I don't think Pacquiao right now can go down to 135," said Klimas, of the current WBO welterweight champion. "And I'm not joking and I'm not trying to be funny but I'm very serious, if we can get a couple of fights, two fights at 135 and Pacquiao can come down to 135, send me a contract - we'll sign it."

Pacquiao is also slated to return back to the ring in the month of April, as a deal is nearly wrapped up to fight undefeated 2012 Australian Olympian Jeff Horn.

Steve Kim is the news editor for BoxingScene.com.

- See more at: Manager: Lomachenko Willing to Face Garcia or Pacquiao at 135 - Boxing News

:feedme:

Mikey vs Loma is possibly the bet fight under 140 right now

Forget the Pac fight though, he won't make/go down to 135

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
There's nothing out there for him dude just fought in a camping tent and his not a draw. He needs the GGG fight .

He doesn't "need" it....he could just as easily avoid him and fight whoever he wants for the rest of his career, bc GGG is not his mandatory.

He could hold out for Canelo or attempt to fight Kell Brook, Jermall Charlo, or any other Middleweight for $1 million plus dollar paydays and less risk.

GGG is high risk-medium reward, so everyone that claimed he was scared or ducking GGG has to see that was false:manny:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
My american brehs its black history month so would like to also give note to nelson mandela who got released from prison on this day.

Even while he was imprisoned, in an impossibly small cell on Robben Island, Nelson Mandela maintained a physical-fitness regimen.

In his younger years, he was also a heavyweight boxer, as depicted in this photo (which was made for "Drum" magazine). It depicts Mandela on the roof of a Johannesburg building. Cropped out of the image is Jerry Moloi, with whom Mandela had been sparring.

In his autobiography, Long Walk to Freedom, Mandela describes his love of boxing (and why he did it):

I did not enjoy the violence of boxing so much as the science of it. I was intrigued by how one moved one's body to protect oneself, how one used a strategy both to attack and retreat, how one paced onself over a match.

Boxing is egalitarian. In the ring, rank, age, color, and wealth are irrelevant . . . I never did any real fighting after I entered politics. My main interest was in training; I found the rigorous exercise to be an excellent outlet for tension and stress.

After a strenuous workout, I felt both mentally and physically lighter. It was a way of losing myself in something that was not the struggle. After an evening's workout I would wake up the next morning feeling strong and refreshed, ready to take up the fight again. (Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom, page 193.)

How did Mandela assess his personal boxing ability? He gives his candid opinion in Long Walk to Freedom:

Although I had boxed a bit at Fort Hare, it was not until I had lived in Johannesburg that I took up the sport in earnest. I was never an outstanding boxer. I was in the heavyweight division, and I had neither enough power to compensate for my lack of speed nor enough speed to make up for my lack of power. (Long Walk, at page 193.)

Mandela had considerable power, however, in other aspects of his life. One of his most-respected skills was the ability to maintain his dignity even in the face of unimaginable hardship.
Mandela - The Heavy-weight Boxer

nelson-mandela-and-muhammad-ali_detail.jpg

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
"All them other lightweights with a belt - Mikey Garcia, Terry Flanagan, Jorge Linares - they're all on my radar."

Aight then Easter Jr. officially on my :ufdup: list. We'll help relieve you of your zero over here at #SmokeSquad. Sucks I like Easter too. He gonna be another victim.

PJTech

Pro
Daps
My american brehs its black history month so would like to also give note to nelson mandela who got released from prison on this day.

Even while he was imprisoned, in an impossibly small cell on Robben Island, Nelson Mandela maintained a physical-fitness regimen.

In his younger years, he was also a heavyweight boxer, as depicted in this photo (which was made for "Drum" magazine). It depicts Mandela on the roof of a Johannesburg building. Cropped out of the image is Jerry Moloi, with whom Mandela had been sparring.

In his autobiography, Long Walk to Freedom, Mandela describes his love of boxing (and why he did it):

I did not enjoy the violence of boxing so much as the science of it. I was intrigued by how one moved one's body to protect oneself, how one used a strategy both to attack and retreat, how one paced onself over a match.

Boxing is egalitarian. In the ring, rank, age, color, and wealth are irrelevant . . . I never did any real fighting after I entered politics. My main interest was in training; I found the rigorous exercise to be an excellent outlet for tension and stress.

After a strenuous workout, I felt both mentally and physically lighter. It was a way of losing myself in something that was not the struggle. After an evening's workout I would wake up the next morning feeling strong and refreshed, ready to take up the fight again. (Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom, page 193.)

How did Mandela assess his personal boxing ability? He gives his candid opinion in Long Walk to Freedom:

Although I had boxed a bit at Fort Hare, it was not until I had lived in Johannesburg that I took up the sport in earnest. I was never an outstanding boxer. I was in the heavyweight division, and I had neither enough power to compensate for my lack of speed nor enough speed to make up for my lack of power. (Long Walk, at page 193.)

Mandela had considerable power, however, in other aspects of his life. One of his most-respected skills was the ability to maintain his dignity even in the face of unimaginable hardship.
Mandela - The Heavy-weight Boxer

nelson-mandela-and-muhammad-ali_detail.jpg

Madiba :mjcry:

Did you his middle name meant troublemaker cause he was a terror as a kid? lol

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
@Newzz

I take Fightnews back, I just looked at it and they barely even refresh it :dahell:

TBRB is nice overall but they have some BS on them too... Still not eliminating Povetkin... :dahell: and Canelo being ranked in 2 weightclasses
No fighter should be ranked in 2 divisions at the same time I also said that when they did that with Mayweather

and their featherweight ranking is also a little fukked up

but generally their rankings are ok

Later I'm gonna check boxingscene too

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@Newzz

I take Fightnews back, I just looked at it and they barely even refresh it :dahell:

TBRB is nice overall but they have some BS on them too... Still not eliminating Povetkin... :dahell: and Canelo being ranked in 2 weightclasses
No fighter should be ranked in 2 divisions at the same time I also said that when they did that with Mayweather

and their featherweight ranking is also a little fukked up

but generally their rankings are ok

Later I'm gonna check boxingscene too

I'm telling you breh....as far as Divisional rankings go, RING is #1.

As far as opinions, articles, commentary, journalistic integrity, theyre not any better than everyone else imo.

Only their Divisional rankings are legit. Everything else is biased.