The official coli cookbook thread

MoeDollaZ$

Well Damn!
Daps
everyone likes to eat and i know you ladies can throw down. maybe if we get enough good recipes we can start a coli cookbook.

ill start with some basic stuff

129405.jpg

Baked mac and cheese

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
Servings: 4
"Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan cheese combine for this extra creamy mac ‘n‘ cheese recipe. Just 20 minutes to prep and 30 to bake."
INGREDIENTS:
8 ounces uncooked Penne
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups milk
1/4 cup butter
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 pinch paprika
DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
3. Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.

MoeDollaZ$

Well Damn!
Daps
I made something I think I can write it out here on here when I get off and another one I made this week.
thanks for contributing. i maybe wrong but arnt u the lil shorty that made some cinnamon muffins? that sound delicious

Raava

Staff member
Daps
thanks for contributing. i maybe wrong but arnt u the lil shorty that made some cinnamon muffins? that sound delicious

No problem,

Im not sure lol, probably I have talked about making muffins before on here.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
All my food comes out :scust:, but I'll still contribute.

1 Bottle of chicken broth
1 can of tomatoes
Lots of seasonings
Lots of vegetables

Edible veggie soup.

Cut up vegetables into large chunks (makes for better texture). I used broccoli, eggplant, zucchini, spinach, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper, and green beans. You can use any vegetables you want. Put them to the side.
Heat the pot to medium-high then add oil, and let it heat for a bit. Add the carrots, onion, and garlic to the pan (and any other very hard vegetables). Cook for a while then add seasonings. I used salt, pepper, parsley flakes, paprika, ground red pepper (makes it very spicy), and a few others. Cook that for a few more minutes then add the reduced sodium chicken broth, and bring the mixture to a boil. TASTE the broth. If it doesn't taste like you want it to add more seasonings until it does. If the broth is nasty the soup will be nasty. Add the rest of the vegetables and canned tomatoes and cook on low for about 2.5 hours.

Last edited:

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
thowds zesty chicken breasts
1 bottle of zesty italian dressing
aluminum foil
chicken breasts
wrap each chick breast individually and coat the chicken with some of the italian dressing close the foil and throw i n the oven for about 20 mins... chicken will come out moist and flavorful

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Chicken Alfredo penne pasta

10462937-large.jpg

What you need:
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Penne pasta
Alfredo sauce
Coconut oil

Directions:
Cook the pasta (directions should be on the back of the package), then drain it.
Cook the chicken ( i use coconut oil and I like to cook the chicken a little, then take it out of the pan and chop it up, then finish cooking it)
Add the pasta to the chicken once it's done, then add the sauce and mix it all up, then its done!

I usually have this with a salad and maybe garlic bread.

Daps
I make basic shyt like chili :mjcry:
Chili is easy and quick to make. I make mine with ground turkey, since ground beef is so expensive now. Or you can use ground pork. I mix in chili beans, dark red kidney beans, black beans, and chili ready tomatoes. Williams Chili seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste. If you want spaghetti chili, just add spaghetti noodles-it helps to stretch your dish if your wallet is a little tight.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Chili is easy and quick to make. I make mine with ground turkey, since ground beef is so expensive now. Or you can use ground pork. I mix in chili beans, dark red kidney beans, black beans, and chili ready tomatoes. Williams Chili seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste. If you want spaghetti chili, just add spaghetti noodles-it helps to stretch your dish if your wallet is a little tight.
I know how to make chili, I was saying I only know how to cook easy stuff :lupe:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I just wrote this out y'all I might have to tweak it :hamster:

Lemon Caper Shrimp Wheat Spaghetti

250qut1.jpg

I used 2 bags of 12 oz large shrimp.

Tip: When I use store shrimp, I thaw them in water. I drain and rinse them like twice and brine them with salt sugar water for like 10 min or in whatever seasoning with.

2 large lemons juiced or 3, I have a taste for tart things...:guilty:

2 tbsp of capers

1-3 cloves of garlic sliced or 2-3 table spoons of minced garlic (median is 2 it’s preference)

2 tbsp of unsalted butter

1 tbsp of olive oil

1 bx of cooked wheat spaghetti

10-20 oz of fresh spinach ( one or 2 bags its preference)

1 cup of white wine

Salt pepper garlic and onion powder to taste.

2 tbsp of dried parsley optional

The first thing I did after a peeled and rinsed the shrimp was season it with salt and pepper lemon juice and dried parsley and put it to the side. (usually I would add Cajun seasoning to it but I wanted a lighter taste)

In large skillet over medium heat melt butter and add olive oil. Add garlic, be sure to keep an eye on it to make sure it burn stir it around. then a capers sauté' for 2 minutes.

Add shrimp to skillets and half of lemon juice. Once shrimp is mostly pink add white wine, spices and other half of lemon juice. cook down. about 5 or 6 min

Add pasta and spinach toss and let cook for 10 more minutes. I usually add another tbsp of butter, sprinkle of salt and more lemon juice. To keep calories and fat down skip adding more butter and salt.

Last edited:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
This is my favorite Salmon recipe (my man loves it too)

877476.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon, for garnish

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard, and honey. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley.
3. Brush each salmon fillet lightly with honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the tops of the fillets with the bread crumb mixture.
4. Bake salmon 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with a wedge of lemon.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Another recipe I LOVE:

Oven Baked Jerk Chicken Legs
IMG_5731.jpg

Ingredients
  • I lime or lemon
  • 8 chicken legs or 2 ½ - 3-pound chicken cut up
  • 2 teaspoons creole seasoning ( replace with salt and pepper or chicken spice)
  • 1 or more Scotch Bonnet Pepper (Habaneros)
  • 6 garlic cloves, chopped
  • ½ tablespoon cinnamon powder
  • ½ tablespoon allspice coarsely ground
  • ½ teaspoon coarsely ground white pepper
  • ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
  • 3 medium scallions, chopped
  • 1 sprig of fresh thyme
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
  • 1-tablespoon bouillon powder (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to season

Instructions
  1. Trim chicken of excess fat and pat dry with a cloth or paper napkin. Rub with lemon, and 2 teaspoons creole spice or season with salt and pepper
  2. Heat oil in a skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Then add scotch bonnet pepper, garlic sauté until it turns brown about 2-3 minutes.
  3. Add nutmeg, brown sugar, all spice, cinnamon and continue stirring until the sugar melts and the mixture starts to clump together.
  4. Remove from the heat and let it cool
  5. Place the mixture in a food processor or blender, then add, thyme, white pepper, ginger,green onions, soy sauce, Maggi/bouillon, and onion. Pulse for about 30 seconds until blended
  6. Drench the chicken with jerk marinate, place in a zip lock bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Try not to touch the jerk blend with your hands because it extremely spicy hot- If possible use gloves.
  7. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425°. Remove chicken from the jerk marinade and remove excess marinate. Reserve the marinade
  8. Line a baking pan with foil; top with a wire rack. Arrange chicken legs out in a single layer. While the chicken legs are baking oil will slowly drip to the bottom of the baking pan.
  9. Bake chicken legs until cooked through and skin is crispy, about 45-50 minutes-rotate chicken half way through-roughly 20 minutes.
  10. In a small saucepan simmer the remaining jerk marinade and the one from the chicken for about 7 minutes. Serve with chicken or mix with chicken serve with beans and rice featured here