Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Watched Hiruko the Goblin a few days ago.

Decent movie that draws heavy influence from the Evil Dead movies. Thought the practical effects were really well done and the set pieces at the end were dope for that early 90's time frame.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Hoping something good can come out of that Strangers trilogy reboot because all I’ve been asking lately is “Why?”.

Peeped the trailer and thought it over-dramatized a few bits that were otherwise subtle, yet effective in the OG entry. I feel like the killers in this one are gonna strike a pose or some shyt before dropping the infamous “…Because you were home” line.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm really hype for Longlegs and Maxxxine as well. I've heard a lot of hype for The First Omen, so I'm definitely gonna make an effort to check it out. I'm kinda sad I didn't hear hype sooner, because I'd have tried to get the "opening night" theater experience.
It should be on VOD very soon. I think the fact it got released so close to Immaculate kinda fukked its earnings. Felt like it was playing at my local theater for three weeks at the most.

OT - Tarot with a 12% on Rotten Tomatoes. :dead: I GOTS TO SEE IT.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Watched ‘The Rental’ last night. I don’t think I’ve ever rooted for a killer to finish the job as hard as I did here. The main characters were that unlikeable. :skip:

Movie didn’t blow me away but I wanna see what else Franco can do in future horror projects. There is some potential there. The way he styled the ending credits was really clever and unsettling.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched ‘The Rental’ last night. I don’t think I’ve ever rooted for a killer to finish the job as hard as I did here. The main characters were that unlikeable. :skip:

Movie didn’t blow me away but I wanna see what else Franco can do in future horror projects. There is some potential there. The way he styled the ending credits was really clever and unsettling.
I gotta go back and finish it, thanks for reminding me.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I remember saying the Rental felt like a sequel to Open House with the dumb protagonists, faceless killer, and home invasion concepts. But Open House sucked and the rental was mid.