Essential The Official Hair Thread

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's for the line up and cutting it down? I'm Trynna maintain the head and the beard.
Yea, I use the Wahl Detailer to line me up & handle my facial hair, & the Oster for the actual cutting.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
How long it take y'all to get y'all beards that long? I can't get past the itchy part....my face be on fire....
Get you some beard oil breh. I just copped some from a vendor on Etsy. I used to use beard butter by Whipped Body Goods...but the last batch i got from them just wasnt the same.

I recently cut mine way down back in like sept and now im back to pretty much where i was at before then. If you take care of it itll grow.

This was right before I cut it. It's just about back there. This reminds me that i need to find another barber up here. nikka is too inconsistent with my cuts. I went back home to PA for the first time since June and hit my old barber, dude cut me like i was just in the chair the week before :mjcry:

Last edited:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm growin mine for that David Banner look.

I'd always cut it before it got that long but I'ma go for it

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Recently wore my hair down, will put it back up after this.

20141201_080610_zps9eaceed8.jpg

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
My hair touches the inside of my elbows when its straightened. But I need a MAJOR trim. I don't know how to make these pics any smaller, forgive me. Matter of fact this picture is so damn big it annoys me so Im deleting it.

I've been fantasizing about chopping down to a 4 inch curly fro. But on the flip side I want to see how long my hair will grow. I want to at least let it grow until I hate it and I don't hate it right now. I'm just bored.

ALSO Pure argan oil is a godsend :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Memphis
How would I get my hair to look like Elfrid Payton? Is it just twist? And how do I get the hair to continue looking thick and keep it up?

Also keep in my I got like 3-5 inches of hair

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
just cut my locs had them twice since 2002 had them for 6 years then 7 years. Now rocking a lil fro , using the brush method to get it curly/coily. Once it's high enough will work on doing a temp fade on the sides and dfferent styles from there.

I'm pretty much in upper management, most white people don't get a fukk - they hated when i cut the locs off.