Daps
One of my favorites, even if it was more over the top (Wick falling off high places throughout the film and not having damage :heh:). Caine and Tracker were good new characters. Glad to see Donnie Yen get shine.

Hopefully this is it. You can see Keanu moving slower than previous films.

Didn't he get thrown off a balcony in the first movie and he got right up?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't remember, but this mu fukka fell out of the third story of a building and onto a van, a balcony while hitting a block, and let's not forget multiple cars hitting him. :dead:
Yup, thrown of the club 2nd floor balcony lol, rolled down those big ass steps with common in the 2nd movie, shot of the roof off the continental in movie 3…life ending/crippling falls are in the minor inconvenience category for John lol

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
My pops wanted me to watch this with him so I did. This movie was damn near 3 hours and didn't feel like it needed to be so long.
What do you feel could have been cut out?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What do you feel could have been cut out?
Ok the Asian concierge thing at the beginning what even was the real point? John Wick shows up there to simply draw all those Table people there looking for him and in the end the father dies and John leaves. He could have just not gone there instead of going just to get a bunch of people killed and be forced to almost immediately leave anyway.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok the Asian concierge thing at the beginning what even was the real point? John Wick shows up there to simply draw all those Table people there looking for him and in the end the father dies and John leaves. He could have just not gone there instead of going just to get a bunch of people killed and be forced to almost immediately leave anyway.

:dahell:

He very obviously didn't expect them to show up that quickly. He was trying to find refuge, you're talking as if he went there for a drink. :mjlol:

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:dahell:

He very obviously didn't expect them to show up that quickly. He was trying to find refuge, you're talking as if he went there for a drink. :mjlol:

Fred.
And what I’m saying is from my perspective it just chewed up time and accomplished nothing really. The antagonist suggest it was incredibly predictable he would go there.

Are you saying they couldn’t have just removed that entirely from the movie and without the movie collapsing?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
And what I’m saying is from my perspective it just chewed up time and accomplished nothing really. The antagonist suggest it was incredibly predictable he would go there.

Are you saying they couldn’t have just removed that entirely from the movie and without the movie collapsing?
Only Caine and Mr. Nobody was privy on looking there.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Only Caine and Mr. Nobody was privy on looking there.
This wasn’t a profound story based movie. They could have started the movie at Winston telling Wick to rejoin the family and invoke the old ways. They could have honestly introduced Nobody and Caine at the card game. The core plot of the movie really started there anyway.

When I think of a movie taking 3 hours I think of a movie that’s trying to tell an intricate story. The story of this movie was mostly conveyed through setup in the previous movies. The movie is really just a bunch of stitched together set pieces. Hell John Wick probably barely has 40 lines of dialog in the whole movie.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

It's an action movie, that sequence had some of the best action in the film. Arguably, the whole franchise.

I don't know why the hell you're looking for lean, concise story telling in the 4th entry in an action movie franchise. Story telling and plot in an action movie exist solely to perpetuate the violence. That's it.

So no, the movie wouldn't "collapse" without that part but it wouldn't be as good, as an action movie, without it.

Movie series about a guy killing 500 people over a dog, and you're asking why he went to a hotel.

3vwXGBq.gif

Fred.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Just caught it tonight after watching all of them back to back. This one was good prolly one of my faves but I wouldn’t be mad if it was the end of the franchise.

Seems like a good stopping point unless Akira comes for Wick

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Just caught it tonight after watching all of them back to back. This one was good prolly one of my faves but I wouldn’t be mad if it was the end of the franchise.

Seems like a good stopping point unless Akira comes for Wick
So they are spinning off Donny Yen’s character as either a prequel or continuation (or even a pre sequel) and The Ballerina is getting its release soon which is a completely different story within the universe.

That said, they’ve already green lit 5. Keanu has gone on record saying he will keep making them as long as fans keep showing up. I highly doubt Keanu will let himself become a walking cartoon like Steven Segal:mjlol:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
So they are spinning off Donny Yen’s character as either a prequel or continuation (or even a pre sequel) and The Ballerina is getting its release soon which is a completely different story within the universe.

That said, they’ve already green lit 5. Keanu has gone on record saying he will keep making them as long as fans keep showing up. I highly doubt Keanu will let himself become a walking cartoon like Steven Segal:mjlol:

wait a minute. I thought this would be the last of the main films.

the ballerina supposed to drop this year, and keanu makes an appearance in that one also.