The Official Tao Te Ching Thread

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I've heard of taoism but I've never really looked into it until today. Bless the coli :salute::wow:
I think I really like not only the format but the author's constant reassurance that this ain't really supposed to be that hard. Definitely a very captivating read

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
This little book has so much wisdom that I pick up as I go through different phases of my life.

Here's a good translation:

http://www.taoism.net/ttc/complete.htm

Check it out if you haven't. Post your favourite snippets if you have... and we can discuss interpretation.
Aye brehs!
For anyone interested in turning this into an epub (for any tablet reader) here are the steps into achieving such!

Edit: In short you can transform any word document into an epub with calibre.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like this. First time peeping it. Weird how its super close to Hinduism imo

MoroccanBoy

Madness
Daps
this book is crazy. the way the words and phrases are ut together give you a feeling :dame:

this book did wonders for my anxiety

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
I wish I was on the coli when this thread was made the Tao Te Ching is one of the greatest books ever written in my opinion you guys should check out the Zhuangzhi tho too the guy who wrote it was Lao Tzu's master and it was wrote before the Tao Te Ching it goes deeper into the philosophy of Inaction and Taoism with parables and stories that are entertaining but have a profound message

• Dap
Reactions: Oso