Is she speaking facts?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I have no idea why Americans are this way and constantly put constraints on themselves. Putting themselves at a disadvantage for literally no reason. Bunch of people leaving home broke, crashing on a couch in a closet sized apartment with 2 other roommates just for some self perceived, “freedom”:hubie:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Another aspect to this issue is, a lot of parents kick their kids out after 18, and a lot of kids want to leave and party. If I was smart, I would have stayed home and did 2 years at a CC. I could have saved thousands of dollars. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
I have no idea why Americans are this way and constantly put constraints on themselves. Putting themselves at a disadvantage for literally no reason. Bunch of people leaving home broke, crashing on a couch in a closet sized apartment with 2 other roommates just for some self perceived, “freedom”:hubie:

There are plenty of reasons to this and there is another side to the story. I know of 2 people that stay at home with their pops/mother at the age of 33 and 29. In most occasions moving out teaches you how to be a man. Both of those people are heavy gamers who don't know the responsibilities of a man.

Simple things like paying rent , accountability, learning how to budget, realistic views of life.. in a sense they are spoiled. Not including the lack of relationships that aren't had and their prime being wasted at the crib. One is a hermit that is content with never getting p*ssy again and the other has plenty of friends but lacks relationships.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
There are plenty of reasons to this and there is another side to the story. I know of 2 people that stay at home with their pops/mother at the age of 33 and 29. In most occasions moving out teaches you how to be a man. Both of those people are heavy gamers who don't know the responsibilities of a man.

Simple things like paying rent , accountability, learning how to budget, realistic views of life.. in a sense they are spoiled. Not including the lack of relationships that aren't had and their prime being wasted at the crib. One is a hermit that is content with never getting p*ssy again and the other has plenty of friends but lacks relationships.
That’s a personal problem. Not a result of living at home.

I live at home and pay rent. Much lower rent than I would otherwise pay but still money goes out.

I own a rental property and hope to make a big move this year.

I’ve never had a problem getting into relationships with women. If anything, that’s is my kryptonite. Women.

If you live in a major city with good job prospects you should delay moving out as late as possible if you’re folks are cool and have a decent situation. If you sharing a room then I understand wanting to move out. But stack enough to be a homeowner or live somewhere cheapish.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
if you have kids you'll understand :skip:

Nah i'm playing i would never do that to my daughter, but alot of these people have no choice but to move out.:camby:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In many cultures people live at home and only move out when/if they get married.

In some cultures when you're of a certain age parents kick you out. As housing and rental costs continue to rise will be interesting for the next generation.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
People keep giving their opinion on this ignoring the fact every one's family situation is different.
In America we don't have to be miserable just to save money or adhere to some custom of doing whatever your parents want you to do.
If you want to be broke for a couple of years and actually ENJOY your life during that time frame then so be it.
Not to mention a lot of the people staying home still end up struggling under student debt and stuff like that anyway so it's a case by case thing regardless