The Opioid Crisis Is Getting Worse, Particularly For Black Americans (THEY TRYNA PUSH IT)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I don't know how I feel about this :francis: Seems like they are trying to push this shyt into our community now. Look at the Rap videos in the mainstream promotion this and shyt. I think this isn't big in our community yet, but could become a problem. I don't trust crackas in power.

The epidemic of drug overdoses, often perceived as a largely white rural problem, made striking inroads among black Americans last year — particularly in urban counties where fentanyl has become widespread.

Although the steep rise in 2016 drug deaths has been noted previously, these are the first numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to break down 2016 mortality along geographic and racial lines. They reveal that the drug death rate is rising most steeply among blacks, with those between the ages of 45 and 64 among the hardest hit.

the rest at NY Times: The Opioid Crisis Is Getting Worse, Particularly for Black Americans

hatealot

Banned
Daps
its obvious you've never stepped foot in the city of Philadelphia
Back in 07-08 my mind was blown when i met some south jersey/philly kids and started hanging, they were popping all types of pills just to get high. They just goto a water fountain and just throw em back. Cant believe they got down like that at such a early age.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama

I roll it back, crack a dutch, have a sisip
Get introduced to this drink that I sisip
Pearl methosine, wit codeine? that's my twisist
It might lean you to the left, or make you isitch
The pearl meth wit the tuss some like the misix
Caught into they physics, and how they wanna disip
Yo be careful, it ain't ya ordinary liquid
The first time you sip it, you mite get addicted
Matter of fact, I know ur gonna get addicted
Cause its so sweet.life liquid, plus its good for ur sickness
I used to watch my uncle sip it
Goin' through its that. in my grandmothers kitchen
Head in his lap, grandmom bytchin'
Pocket full of scrap, plus scratchin and itchin'
Back when they sip broma smoked cheeba
:francis:

This was in 2005, pill popping been a thing for ages. It just got swept under the rug in favor for media friendly drugs to take the focus off the fact that it's beyond just crack and weed. God forbid the government will be held accountable for drugs that can easily get copped off of a CVS counter.

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
Nah, Memphis nikkas ain't really fukking with shyt like that openly though. I know nikkas who snort coke, they hide that shyt from people who don't, because they know they're junkies. Same with pills, outside of the type of nikkas who fukk with drugs like that, you're going to be labeled as a junky

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They want our compassion by saying it's hitting us which I don't believe its hitting us like its hitting them

but I'm fresh out :yeshrug: