The Pelicans have repeatedly stressed to Zion that his diet and conditioning need to improve. Zion, multiple team sources have told, "doesn't listen"

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
LAS VEGAS — During the first stoppage in play of Thursday’s loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, Zion Williamson plopped on the New Orleans Pelicans’ bench and struggled to breathe, looking as though he had just completed a half-marathon.

Williamson, who had just jogged back on defense to try to contest a Taurean Prince 3-pointer, appeared winded even though the game was not even five minutes old. The 23-year-old’s poor conditioning was painfully apparent on the specially designed red and blue court for the NBA's new In-Season Tournament in Las Vegas. Earlier in the week, Williamson had compared the court to a stage. He was right: It was a stage, and on it, he got exposed.

In September, executive vice president David Griffin said Williamson had spent more time in the Pelicans’ practice facility during the offseason than at any previous point in his career.

“This was the first summer where we’ve seen Zion take his profession seriously like that and invest in it off the court on his own in a way that I think is meaningful,” Griffin said.
But at the start of the season, it was clear Williamson was carrying too much weight. Most distressingly, he has not played himself into better shape, even though the regular season is more than one-quarter of the way over. If anything, Williamson’s conditioning has regressed.

Williamson’s poor work ethic has been a source of frustration for the Pelicans since they drafted him No. 1 in 2019. The Pelicans have tried to surround Williamson with veterans who have track records of maximizing their potential. The team signed JJ Redikk in 2019. In 2022, they traded for CJ McCollum.

None of it has made an impact.

The Pelicans have repeatedly stressed to Williamson that his diet and conditioning need to improve. Williamson, multiple team sources have told The Times-Picayune, “doesn’t listen.”

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I wonder if Zion would act this way if he ended up getting picked by his preferred team

Not sure but I know he & his team never wanted him to be in New Orleans. As soon as he can get out, he will. He couldn't care less about what they have to say because he doesn't want to be there.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Literally just said this in the other thread lol
Feels like NO is like this when it comes to his weight...
:yeshrug:

They're in a committed relationship with someone that they know is always teetering around being 1 hamburger away. They've tried saying something about it, but that person is who they are. Zion's like, "Accept me for who I am!!! Flaws and ALL". Now New Orleans like we'll see what happens, we already expressed that we don't want to marry someone that becomes a fat slob, but this is the best catch we gonna get, so we gotta roll with em and pray for the best

:lolbron:

:mjcry: