The President of Senegal postpones elections /* election begins March 24 /* Bassirou Diomaye Faye sworn in as president

mykey

Superstar
Daps
Macky Sall had to relent. The whole country's foot was on his neck. The Constitutional Court ruled against him.

Show's over, go back to work boys and girls..

I will end my term on April 2nd”, Senegal's president pledges to abide by the law and to not extend his mandate.

president_senegal.jpg

Macky Sall, the president of Senegal

DAKAR-Macky Sall, who is wrapping up two terms in office, postponed the presidential election for 10 months, citing unresolved disputes over who could run. But his move was struck down by the Constitutional Court as illegal.

He spoke Thursday (Feb.22) on live television.

"Having been sworn in on 2 April 2019, 2 April 2024 completes the five-year calendar, so that's the end of the Mandate. And I intend to stop at this mandate. After April 2, I intend to step down as President of the Republic."

Sall's clarifications come after the ruling coalition voted to extend his rule in early February.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Macky Sall had to relent. The whole country's foot was on his neck. The Constitutional Court ruled against him.

Show's over, go back to work boys and girls..

I will end my term on April 2nd”, Senegal's president pledges to abide by the law and to not extend his mandate.

president_senegal.jpg

Macky Sall, the president of Senegal

DAKAR-Macky Sall, who is wrapping up two terms in office, postponed the presidential election for 10 months, citing unresolved disputes over who could run. But his move was struck down by the Constitutional Court as illegal.

He spoke Thursday (Feb.22) on live television.

"Having been sworn in on 2 April 2019, 2 April 2024 completes the five-year calendar, so that's the end of the Mandate. And I intend to stop at this mandate. After April 2, I intend to step down as President of the Republic."

Sall's clarifications come after the ruling coalition voted to extend his rule in early February.
Translation: head of the army said he’s not supportive of a third term.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Well, the youth got their candidate elected.

Diomaye won, but this is clearly Sonko's presidency, he's gonna be running that office

lets see if all the promises they've been making to these youths comes to fruition

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Let's see what kinda juelzin gets cooked up in defense of France's occupation :sas2:

Well naturally..this board is littered with all sorts of agents against Black progress, self determination and independence..

Frankly, Africans have no economic or other interests at all in France..we want nothing from them and fail to understand why this relationship must continue..

If the West can sanction 20% of Africa, then we must respond in kind and equally sanction them back..sick of playing around with these worhtless but domineering demons.