The President of Senegal postpones elections /* election begins March 24 /* Bassirou Diomaye Faye sworn in as president

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Aint it a privilege to live in a democratic country? Represented by your choice

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
These short-sighted fools get into power, start siphoning money abroad, get their families and friends in power and get drunk on it. They can never give it up.

Rinse and repeat.

voiture

All Star
Bushed
Daps

Feb 22, 2024

What's with African leaders not wanting to walk away after their terms and always creating some issues to hold on to power or create some level of uncertainty?
It's now starting to make sense why there have been coups in that region. The people are tired of these politicians.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's with African leaders not wanting to walk away after their terms and always creating some issues to hold on to power or create some level of uncertainty?
It's now starting to make sense why there have been coups in that region. The people are tired of these politicians.

:gucci:

voiture

All Star
Bushed
Daps
What did I say that was incorrect? I never said I support the coups. Just that I can understand.....why is it that there is always some African leader in the news trying to stay in office forever?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Senegal has been stable for the past quarter century, and 2 peaceful transfers of powers before now. So, don't know why Sall thinks he could pull this stunt.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's not just African. WTF is a Putin otherwise? Or that c*nt in Israel... This is what happens when your laws and constitution is not strong. When the checks and balances are not strong. A president of a democracy should not have the power to move like a dictator.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. People attracted to these types of roles tend to have profiles of a psychopath to start. When you get an egomaniac who don't respect the system he won't uphold it. All these dudes think they know best what to do for the country and overstay their welcome. Or start of moderate and get corrupted by power.