The Reason EY Got The Belt

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
the difference is, eric young is a credible all-around talent. unlike alot of the wwe champions in recent years.

if it wasnt for the hogan/bishoff regime coming in and screwing him over, he wouldve had a legit title run by 2012.

i just dont like the way theyre doing the sudden-title run & character switch on the humbug.

I don't watch TNA but I would imagine TNA is in a position where it doesn't matter what they do most people will clown them or feel like whatever happens there doesn't matter because of the perception that its basically a grapefruit league

Stone Cold could appear there next week and all it would do is lower Stone Cold's stock or just not be talked about like Jordan on the Wizards

Somebody like Rock could probably garner a one week spike but in the end he too would just hurt his brand if he appeared in TNA consistently and it probably hurts his box office in the long run if he were to affiliate himself with TNA

WCW had a legit almost 100 year history with a strong period of hall of fame wrestlers so thats why they mattered in the 90's and combine the fact that it was well funded by billionaires and brought in the right star power at the right time to garner interest

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I don't watch TNA but I would imagine TNA is in a position where it doesn't matter what they do most people will clown them or feel like whatever happens there doesn't matter because of the perception that its basically a grapefruit league

Stone Cold could appear there next week and all it would do is lower Stone Cold's stock or just not be talked about like Jordan on the Wizards

Somebody like Rock could probably garner a one week spike but in the end he too would just hurt his brand if he appeared in TNA consistently and it probably hurts his box office in the long run if he were to affiliate himself with TNA

WCW had a legit almost 100 year history with a strong period of hall of fame wrestlers so thats why they mattered in the 90's and combine the fact that it was well funded by billionaires and brought in the right star power at the right time to garner interest

yea pretty much.

everything TNA did, whether good or bad, was met with criticism before they even launched the promotion.

and its really not even a knock on TNA. the next promotion that steps up will be met with the same resistance(theyre ALREADY chittin on GFW). post-buyout "wrestling fans" are programmed to chit on any promotion WITH REAL MONEY behind it.

and youre absolutely correct. wcw was already thriving before this train-of-thought became prevalent, so they didnt have to worry about too much of the bullchit.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

yea pretty much.

everything TNA did, whether good or bad, was met with criticism before they even launched the promotion.

and its really not even a knock on TNA. the next promotion that steps up will be met with the same resistance(theyre ALREADY chittin on GFW). post-buyout "wrestling fans" are programmed to chit on any promotion WITH REAL MONEY behind it.

and youre absolutely correct. wcw was already thriving before this train-of-thought became prevalent, so they didnt have to worry about too much of the bullchit.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I liked TNA when it was FSN..that's when i 1st got hip to it, always read about it magazines but never knew they had a tv deal. 1st guy i remember seeing was Petey Williams..Canadian Destroyer :banderas: also when i decided to not become a fan of Eric Young...

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
yea pretty much.

only thing that could even be looked at as cool by current fans is if a wrestling promotion aired on HBO full of hardcore matches that allowed freedom with high risk move sets cursing and downright debauchery with real adult story lines that went beyond ECW

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
only thing that could even be looked at as cool by current fans is if a wrestling promotion aired on HBO full of hardcore matches that allowed freedom with high risk move sets cursing and downright debauchery with real adult story lines that went beyond ECW

Even that won't work. "oh its tryna be like the attitude era/ECW" "look at all the spot monkeys" wrestling fans are too cynical

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
ecw gets phoney under-dog props.

same way alot of vince warriors like to give "props" to the indies.

most of these so-called ecw fans, didnt even watch it in its prime.